Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dear new neighbor

Lincsong said:
Maybe the guy is trying to give you a message?:rolleyes:

blow%20up%20his%20ass.gif

Well, [voice=Dr. Evil]Mr. Powers[/voice], there's always my (planned) way... find some Godforsaken place nobody else wants, buy a parcel big enough that the main house can't be seen from the perimeter and wall it off.

There's gotta be some decent-sized chunks of the Southwest that BLM still has up for sale...

Diamondback said:
Well, [voice=Dr. Evil]Mr. Powers[/voice], there's always my (planned) way... find some Godforsaken place nobody else wants, buy a parcel big enough that the main house can't be seen from the perimeter and wall it off.

There's gotta be some decent-sized chunks of the Southwest that BLM still has up for sale...

Or just keep the neighbors at arms length and have nice fences as neighbors---cutting off any of their crap that comes over. ;) :p

My way also has the advantage of more warning-time from an intruder's perimeter-breach, and also includes built-in backstops for rifle and carbine fire. Not to mention the obvious Counterintelligence benefits of prying eyes not being able to observe your property except by air...:D and the knowledge that anything coming over the wall has willnigly chosen to enter a Free Fire Zone.

Of course, having a Range Card posted at every window might be overkill...lol but my experience is that, as Pasteur said...
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Lincsong said:
Yeah, but then YOU may have to pay MONEY for the fence. :eek:
But the real question is, how much money is your security and that of your home and family worth to you?

Hence, inside that wall, my plan being a house with foot-thick steel-reinforced-concrete walls, pre-prepared rooftop sniping positions and a basement bunker with multiple exits--and a well-stocked armory.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Diamondback said:
But the real question is, how much money is your security and that of your home and family worth to you?

Hence, inside that wall, my plan being a house with foot-thick steel-reinforced-concrete walls, pre-prepared rooftop sniping positions and a basement bunker with multiple exits--and a well-stocked armory.

Really? I mean, Really?lol

I didn't design a rooftop observation-deck just 'cause I thought it looked cool , or because it'd be a romantic place to share drinks with a theoretical sweetie at sunset or under the stars, y'know... (Although both are nice fringe bennies--but this won't be anywhere west of the Cascades, possibly even the Rockies.)

Some people say you have to be paranoid to have a gun. That's ridiculous--if I have a gun, what the hell do I have to be paranoid about?!
--Clint Smith

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Diamondback said:

Yeah, but what if there are some escapee's from the Lifer section of the nearby women's prison and you're the first man they see??? :eek:

Diamondback said:

Reminds me of the guy from the movie Tremors. :p

Lincsong said:
Yeah, but what if there are some escapee's from the Lifer section of the nearby women's prison and you're the first man they see??? :eek:
Lincsong, with how paranoid I am, do you think I'd bite the hook that easily? I may be a 30-year-old virgin:eek: lol, but I am neither desperate nor stupid... and my instinctive "Threat Warning Receiver" would sound the alarm on them at first sight.

jamespowers said:
Reminds me of the guy from the movie Tremors. :p
Bunker walls, floor and ceiling all three to six feet of SRC. Don't know of much that can get through that with dirt or preferably bedrock all around...

Diamondback said:
Lincsong, with how paranoid I am, do you think I'd bite the hook that easily? I may be a 30-year-old virgin:eek: lol, but I am neither desperate nor stupid... and my instinctive "Threat Warning Receiver" would sound the alarm on them at first sight.

You could, of course, just give them his address and phone number to get rid of them.....:p

Diamondback said:
Bunker walls, floor and ceiling all three to six feet of SRC. Don't know of much that can get through that with dirt or preferably bedrock all around...

Still not Graboid proof. ;) :p

Hence the multiple exits, all vehicle-sized, a means to lower the pair of AI Firebirds into the bunker (you wouldn't leave your kids behind, would you?), and quite a few well-placed M18A1 Claymore mines...

Floor the gas, and KARR will be doing 120 or better before even clearing the surface. Plenty of speed to get clear...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy