Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dear new neighbor

Nice Boots

New in Town
HepKitty said:
oh they had one of their male visitors chat me up about the karate uniform I was wearing (had tkd class I just don't want to buy another uniform if I don't have to) and I saw the note, I asked if he could read the writing, and drove off w/ him still holding the note and some of the older girls watching out the window. came back later and had to leave again but noticed the younger girls had left toys in my yard so I took them over and they were so excited that I had brought them back and yelled "thank you neighbor!" why torture the kids just because their parents/aunties are stupid? it's not their fault

guilt trips don't work with me unless I actually did screw up. and I didn't

bravo zulu?

stick to your course of action, it is working

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Diamondback said:
That, and scum are known to exploit their kids as tools--using your compassion for the innocent youngsters to try to create a weakness.

I seem to recall this stunt being well illustrated at its extreme form on one of last night's Criminal Minds reruns...

Yeah, I wouldnt be surprised if the adults 'encouraged' the kids to leave the toys in the OP's yard. =o\

HepKitty

One Too Many
Diamondback said:
That, and scum are known to exploit their kids as tools--using your compassion for the innocent youngsters to try to create a weakness.

I seem to recall this stunt being well illustrated at its extreme form on one of last night's Criminal Minds reruns...

sad that children get used that way, or used at all. a sign of a truly sick mind

handlebar bart said:
If they turn into polite and quite neighbors than all is well.

that would be so nice

Diamondback said:
If they're genuine about it--as opposed to the "faux-polite" BS that so many today pull, like the "Snarling Apology".

but unfortunately this is much more realistic

scottyrocks said:
Yeah, I wouldnt be surprised if the adults 'encouraged' the kids to leave the toys in the OP's yard. =o\

if it becomes a trend, after the letter is sent to the landlord, those toys may just end up in the trash. I really don't want to do that though

I did kick their beer can and some sort of wrapper back into their yard this a m. not touching that stuff

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
I would also discuss with your landlord, some method of temporary fencing...

Your landlord should want to protect their investment in their yard, and if you pose it to them that way, rather then your personal annoyance, they may at least put up something across most of the gap that would help somewhat.

(I remember you saying part of it is a right of way or storage of rubbish bins or something like that, but surely the length of the gap area can be minimized)

HepKitty said:
fence, if I owned the property yes I would

lol today I got a hand-written note, in loopy girly writing complete w/ poor grammar, somethign about "thank you" for who knows what this is the unintelligible part and "patience is a virtue"

patience? what need have I of patience in kicking people and pets off my property when they didn't have the decency to ask in the first place?

Well, I would definitely take that up with the landlord. Not many properties out here are not fenced in but that is because we have been a city for quite a while. I couldn't stand not having a fence between me and my neighbors---then again, it might make it easier to cut their trash trees back from the property line. [huh] ;)

HepKitty

One Too Many
dear new neighbor

what a weekend we had! I had to tell you get your dog out of my yard again, a mere week after Animal Control told you the same thing. I had to remove your junk and your laundry from my property at 0100 Sunday morning while you were still lapping up the vodka at the bar, then listen to you scream "dumb b****" over and over when you got home at 0215 when you saw your um slightly damp and maybe a touch muddy laundry on your porch. I like how you left my "STAY AWAY" note on the door, pretending not to notice it. it's hard to miss a big hot pink sticky note but alcohol affects us all differently I guess.

I was charmed to meet the residents in the basement, it was nice to loan them my tire iron and help with their car (which will show anyone but you that I'm not all bad). I'm especially delighted to learn who owns the house and that you're on public assistance for rent. I had a lovely chat today with the owner, a doctor in town, who informed me that you will lose your assistance and that if you don't clean up your act you will be out the door. I even admitted to yelling back when I felt threatened and about soaking your laundry and it didn't even faze him.

It's been a lovely time I assure you, and I have one parting note for you: I may well be a b****, but I'm not YOUR b****.

hugs and kisses

HK

HepKitty said:
dear new neighbor

what a weekend we had! I had to tell you get your dog out of my yard again, a mere week after Animal Control told you the same thing. I had to remove your junk and your laundry from my property at 0100 Sunday morning while you were still lapping up the vodka at the bar, then listen to you scream "dumb b****" over and over when you got home at 0215 when you saw your um slightly damp and maybe a touch muddy laundry on your porch. I like how you left my "STAY AWAY" note on the door, pretending not to notice it. it's hard to miss a big hot pink sticky note but alcohol affects us all differently I guess.

I was charmed to meet the residents in the basement, it was nice to loan them my tire iron and help with their car (which will show anyone but you that I'm not all bad). I'm especially delighted to learn who owns the house and that you're on public assistance for rent. I had a lovely chat today with the owner, a doctor in town, who informed me that you will lose your assistance and that if you don't clean up your act you will be out the door. I even admitted to yelling back when I felt threatened and about soaking your laundry and it didn't even faze him.

It's been a lovely time I assure you, and I have one parting note for you: I may well be a b****, but I'm not YOUR b****.

hugs and kisses

HK

Oh geez! A section 8 house next to you. Now it all makes sense. :eusa_doh:
What I just can't understand is how they think they own YOUR clothesline. :eusa_doh:
Your parting note makes me think about the old bromide---Whatever it takes. ;) :p

HepKitty

One Too Many
the audacity! I'm surprised these darling ladies didn't camp out on my porch and follow me into my house and raid the fridge. and the whole parking in my yard thing? she had to drive through my yard to put her car in that spot, half in her driveway and half in my yard still. but I'm the one getting called dumb? that's just brilliant :eusa_clap

oh, forgot to mention, the dog is a pit bull, I guess it's the breed of choice for meth dealers. did I read that here? I'm too tired

HepKitty

One Too Many
oh yeah, clothesline. there are no wires on it so they put up some kind of string, which got cut into bits yesterday and tossed into the garbage

Pit bull? Don't you have "aggressive/dangerous animal" statutes?

The threat that animal potentially presents (not saying that particular dog does, it may be the type to tuck tail and run from conflict) would, in many cases, be justification for a deadly-force defense--I'm told the .357 Sig is a good caliber for mixed two/four-leg threats, IIRC North Carolina state police were having a problem with miscreants using pitbull sentries and found the aforementioned cartridge especially effective in such situations.

Not that I'm advocating canicide, just trying to provide information-support for should they start throwing indicators of physical belligerency and possible suitable counters.

HepKitty said:
the audacity! I'm surprised these darling ladies didn't camp out on my porch and follow me into my house and raid the fridge. and the whole parking in my yard thing? she had to drive through my yard to put her car in that spot, half in her driveway and half in my yard still. but I'm the one getting called dumb? that's just brilliant :eusa_clap

oh, forgot to mention, the dog is a pit bull, I guess it's the breed of choice for meth dealers

You are lucky they didn't camp out on your property. The last time I had to get rid of renters with The help of the local sheriff. They stayed until the last possible second too. :rolleyes: :eusa_doh: The dumbass still owes me money too.
Do I still own rental property now? Heck no!:rolleyes:
The dog just goes to show that they probably do need an asset forfeiture law scare. ;)

HepKitty

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
You are lucky they didn't camp out on your property. The last time I had to get rid of renters with The help of the local sheriff. They stayed until the last possible second too. :rolleyes: :eusa_doh: The dumbass still owes me money too.
Do I still own rental property now? Heck no!:rolleyes:
The dog just goes to show that they probably do need an asset forfeiture law scare. ;)

first and foremost, I must beg forgiveness for trashing others' grammar mistakes then not proofreading my "letter" before making a mad dash for the door last night. I hang my head in shame

actually Animal Control did tell them they would take the dog if they didn't get it off my property. the "scare" didn't do any good because a week later, the dog was back on my property. next time, no warning. the dog will be taken

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner