Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DEATHS ; Notable Passings; The Thread to Pay Last Respects

Artist Basil Gogos, arguably best known for his paintings used on the covers of Famous Monsters of Filmland, Creepy, and Eerie magazines in the 1960s and 70s, died on September 14th at the age of 78.

Harry Dean Stanton, 91.

harry-dean-stanton-2.jpg

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Former pro football player and character actor Bernie Casey has died, aged 78:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/obit-casey-bernie-nfl-actor-1.4300155

https://i.cbc.ca/1.4300157.15060020...en/derivatives/16x9_620/obit-bernie-casey.jpg

I remember him most as the black fraternity (Lamda Lamda Lamda - or Tri-Lam) leader who had to let the nerds join in Revenge of the Nerds!

Lot's of memories for me. "Brian's Song", "I'm Gonna Get You Suckha!", "Gargoyles" etc... Good football player but a better actor.

Worf

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Hefner was someone whose impact will be hard to really assess. We all know what he did for a living, but leaving that aside, he was also a major force in funding film preservation work -- he was a genuine movie fan, and spent a great deal of money to preserve films that would otherwise have disappeared, especially hundreds of late 1920s-early 1930s musical and vaudeville shorts that exist now as an irreplaceable record of a lost form of entertainment. And he was, believe it or not, probably the world's biggest Al Bowlly fan -- which suggests that however crass his other tastes may have been, he did know good crooning when he heard it.

Harp

I'll Lock Up

Hefner as libertarian espoused a philosophy at variance with the Chicago political machine, led by Mayor Daley and its cardinal archbishop chaplaincy,
and found exile to more morally relaxed libertine Los Angeles; though the Playboy corporate headquarters remained secured to Chicago concrete.
Iconic Illini emblematic of the 1960s whose time long since passed before his decease.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider