Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DEATHS ; Notable Passings; The Thread to Pay Last Respects

Always sad to learn of a suicide, and you always wonder what was going on behind those eyes.

I have not seen the film in ages, but I do recall the character if not the name of the actor. Houston Tumlin died by suicide, only 28. Talledega Nights child actor, it was his only credit. Apparently later served in the US Army.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertain...r-dead-at-28/ar-BB1eVOFX?ocid=iehp&li=AAggNb9

View attachment 321210

The dinner scene in that movie is among the funniest ever. (Not everyone shares that opinion, of course. But for those of us whose inner adolescent male is still alive and kicking, it’s a riot.)

Harp

I'll Lock Up

Edward

Bartender

A very sad loss, all too young. I met her once; a friend was at the time a dresser for the NT, and was working with her directly. Friend and I were having a coffee before the show; as she arrived, she saw us and came over to say hello to friend, who introduced me. She turned to me and said "Hi, I'm Helen", with an outstretched hand. So down to earth - not a trace of "well, you know who I am...". Gustav interviewed her for The Chap a couple of years ago, and said at the time she was probably the most down to earth, least luvvie person he'd ever interviewed. Quite a shock she's gone so young - though well done her for being able to keep it from the media. The tabloids can be so prying at times that it always seems a small triumph when someone who wishes to keep things private pulls it off right til the end. Tough break for her husband and kids; he must be in bits but has to keep it together for the kids, who are in and around their early teens. Old enough to know what's gonig on, but not to be able to emotionally process it like an adult...

Another sad one, composer Jim Steinman, who wrote for Meatloaf and many others, has died, aged only 73.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/jim-steinman-obit-1.5995130

Seems very young all of a sudden now I'm fast heading towards 50 myself. Steinman was a big influence on me via Meatloaf as an early teen.

Time to bring Bob back...actress and rock video star Tawny Kitean died in Newport Beach, California, on Friday; she was 59 years old. The coroner has yet to determine the cause of death.

RIP Tawny. Seem like it should be a Lounge holiday —at least for the hat side.

BBB — Bring Back Bob

He just texted me the CNN link a few minutes ago.

Haversack

One Too Many
I first saw Olympia Dukakis at the American Conservatory Theatre production of Euripides' Hecuba in which she had the title roll. I remember to this day her giving the final line in the play: "History has no compassion."

Another part of my younger self gone. Sounds like she had a rather troubled life. Shame in any case, so young.

If you were of the right age in the '80s, that video will forever be stuck in your head. It was a water cooler one, referenced endless in '80s guy conversations. It is a shame as she passed at a young age and it sounds like she did not have an easy life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner