Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DEATHS ; Notable Passings; The Thread to Pay Last Respects

Tc8lvqZ.jpg

R.I.P. Moriarty.

F. Lee Bailey, arguably best known for his participation in the O.J. Simpson trial, died on Thursday. He was 87 years old. Bailey died in Georgia where he was in a hospice facility according to his son Bendrix.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
^^^When I was in law school his name bespoke a barrister maverick all sought to emulate.
Sadly, his eloquence before the bar led to personal and professional distract, to the detriment of his standing in the law.
His autobio For The Defense arguably remains recommended One-L must read fare.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Arrogant and entitled, but hey, we lawyers often are...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/f-lee-bailey-dead-1.6052396

I read For The Defense in law school; admired his chutzpah, thorough sound case/trial preparation,
and watched his cross of Fuhrman live during Simpson; yet it was evident that his fast ball had slipped some speed.
Lousy cross, slip shod grasping at straws, the whole junior varsity legal debate squad retained-including Coleman,
whom I later once met (and I refrained from asking the ???s never answered)-simply played on the evident biased
jury (voir dire anyone?)-a sham trial, sham verdict, and Ito well out of his league. I digress.... Bailey did the whore
routine, to absolutely no effect, except to make a fool of himself. Why Bailey failed to exercise greater discretion
in his clientele choices eludes easy definition unless egotistical motive is considered.
In the end, Bailey was his own worst enemy.

"Herb, I want you to go out to the parking garage, pick out the ugliest seat upholstery you can find, and wear it home."
Jennifer Marlow.
In another episode, referring to the suit Herb Tarlek (Frank Bonner) was wearing Venus Flytrap remarked "Somewhere out there there's a Volkswagen with no seats." One of Herb's suits was actually made from the seat covers of an old Volkswagen. Rest in peace Mr. Bonner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ