Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DEATHS ; Notable Passings; The Thread to Pay Last Respects

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
RIP Elizabeth. :( What a talented beauty, an everlasting icon. So sad.....
X
BD
taylor3_1024x768_jpg.jpg

Old Rogue

Practically Family
Elizabeth Taylor was the living proof that beauty IS more than skin deep. RIP, we will always remember you for the joy you brought us with your films, but more for the beauty of your heart and soul.

DesertDan

One Too Many
Even though I was not a fan of many of her performances, I always thought she was one of the true American icons of film. As I saw mentioned somewhere yesterday she was not a celebrity, she was a STAR in every way and there will never be another like her.

Rest In Peace, Elizabeth.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Jill Haworth, the original Sally Bowles in the Broadway version of Cabaret has died. Her acting debut was in the film Exodus, many many years ago. She also played a doomed ingenue in the John Wayne WW II naval epic, "In Harm's Way". I couldn't even find an obit, but I saw a post on Facebook.

“Society looked down on me for becoming an actress, but I don’t miss society, ” she told the gossip columnist Earl Wilson in 1965
Exodus.jpg

heres an obit
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/05/theater/05haworth.html

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I got to attend a Q&A he did at Film Forum a couple years back. He was an elegant and seemingly kind gentleman. May he rest in peace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner