Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DEATHS ; Notable Passings; The Thread to Pay Last Respects

Pressure and extreme stress comes to mind concerning someone who performs...and who is expected to always do so up to par..or at their best. Obligations demanding perfection are ever present. Intoxicating abuse can seem a buffer..not always neccessarily while performing..but maintaining for the next requirement. Quite a responsibility to deal with for anyone at the level of a Whitney Houston.
HD

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Irish Actor David Kelly has passed away aged 82:

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2012/0213/kellyd.html

A truly great actor - RIP

He reminded me a lot of my own father and they were about the same age when they passed. Mr. Kelly was a natty dresser with a penchant for bow ties. So this weekend I will don one of my bow ties and raise the parting glass in his honor. A true talent that shall be missed in the future but the past will always be revisited.

Cheers.

Dan

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Expos AND NY Mets. AKA "The Kid". Again, cancer. Damned shame.

Yes, he was a Met for a bit. Won his one World Series with them. He was a Giant and a Dodger briefly as well. Started as an Expo draftee, was made a catcher by the Expos, spent 11 of his 17 seasons as an Expo, and ended his career as an Expo, and was inducted into the Hall of Fame as an Expo.

But, as you say, he was also a Met.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
I so loved his part in Waking Ned. Sad to know he's gone.

He was also in the 1969 "The Italian Job" as Vicar.
9224-9744.jpg

Cheers.

Dan

Last edited:

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
One of our members and fondly regarded VLJ Member, David (Brown), passed away suddenly a few days ago in New Zealand. Those that got to know David will appreciate what a shining light he was & will be reeling from this news.
To say I'm "stunned" by this doesn't begin to cover it. Up until a few days ago David was happily writing on VLJ. This news comes as a Thunderbolt & touches all that this gentle man touched...
Keep shining up high like the Star you are David - RIP.

David John Dudley Brown (Deeb7)

BROWN, David John Dudley (Lord Ponsonbys). On 22 February 2012 unexpectedly. Great friend of Ross. Uncle of Tim and Gail, great-uncle of Emma, Kate and James. A service to celebrate David's life will be held at Grange Manor, 400 Dominion Road, Mt Eden on Thursday 1 March at 12.30pm to be followed by private cremation.

DaveAntique2.png
[/quote]

Last edited:
SO sad to hear this news. Loved the Monkees growing up. Think my sis had every episode taped on Beta & every album they ever made.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17214430

:(

Yep. My very first LP. Played it until it didn't play any more. I remember ~20 years ago when my Dad told me he was getting to the crappy part of life when friends and people he grew up idolizing started dying. I'm there now and yep, it stinks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto