Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DEATHS ; Notable Passings; The Thread to Pay Last Respects

randooch

I'll Lock Up
562385_10150924105466438_133892461437_12138875_965119399_n.jpg

Old news, but I couldn't help but smile at this, as an Andy Griffith Show fan.

MikeBravo

One Too Many
Donald "Duck" Dunn legendary bass player for Booker T. & the M.G.'s and as a session bassist for Stax Records, probably best know from the Blues Brothers movies

"Dunn died in his sleep on the morning of May 13, 2012" Am unable to find further details as yet. Just a brief note on Wikipedia details

Peacoat

Bartender
Yes, I heard it. Duck did a lot of recordings before many of the members on this board were even born: Dock of the Bay, Soul Man, Midnight Hour and, of course, Green Onions. He and Steve Cropper (on lead) made a good team. Duck's syncopated rhythms were among the best in the business. Steve was with him on the tour in Japan when he died. As a blues DJ many years ago, I became aware of his body of work going back to the late 50s. He will be missed.

DesertDan

One Too Many
RIP Mr. Dunn.
As a bass player this one hits close to home. I've played so many of his lines over the years, his sense of groove was inspirational and an influence on myself and a vast number of other players too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner