Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DEATHS ; Notable Passings; The Thread to Pay Last Respects

Mario

I'll Lock Up
John Lord of Deep Purple has died at 71... RIP. Great musician.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-18864409
_61606216_12a30d93-a63e-4826-a44f-815bcf6c85dd.jpg

Just a few days ago after watching a Dr. John concert her in Berlin I was having a chat with a friend about Jon Lord and what he might be doing these days. This is not the answer I was hoping for.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
The great Isuzu Yamada died on July 9 at the age of 95. Ms. Yamada's career was an impressive one, spanning more than seventy years over eight decades and including work in classical and contemprary theatre, motion pictures and television.

In the cinema, Ms. Yamada worked with the greatest directors Japanese cinema has produced, including Mikio Naruse, Yasujiro Ozu, Akira Kurosawa, and Kenji Mizoguchi.

Her best-remembered role may have been as Lady Macbeth in Kurosawa's classic THRONE OF BLOOD (pictured below).

yamada600b.jpg

God may not have made them, but he has another Honky Tonk Angel up in Heaven. There's certain names that come to mind when you think of the ladies of Country-Western. Kitty Wells is always in the top ten, easy.

WH1

Practically Family
Sounds like he would have been a good one to spend some time with. I would like to see the documentary mentioned in the article.

Michael Abney-Hastings the 14th Earl of Loudoun died at 69. If history had taken another turn, he could have been king of England but lived out his life in country Australia.
http://www.smh.com.au/national/obit...-who-could-have-been-king-20120705-21jwz.html
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...es-in-jerilderie/story-fncyva0b-1226419025573
605480-michael-abney-hastings.jpg

"I reckon I might send Lizzie (Queen Elizabeth II) a bill for back rent. The old girl's family have been living in my bloody castle for the last 500 years," he said.

I bet "George Jefferson's" idea of Heaven is anyplace that's not next door to Archie Bunker. But seriously, it's a shame. I think I heard he was 75? Too young these days.

547853_10151050579374330_1450448296_n.jpg

Certainly not a nationally notable passing, but I recently lost a friend of mine. George was an interesting guy, who cared about local history. He was also a Vietnam veteran. George loved to tell stories about how in his day, living around here was like "American Graffiti." In my teens, he always gave me tips for little tricks when it came to working on vintage cars.

Sadly, in our heat wave, he was one of the people we lost. I'm really gonna miss him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails