Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DEATHS ; Notable Passings; The Thread to Pay Last Respects

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
A long life of great impact.

Shirley_Temple.jpg

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Whether modern people like her movies or not, she was a towering figure of 1930s popular culture -- probably the last surviving American personality who was a household name to just about everyone in that era. And she had the great good sense to get as far away from show business as she possibly could as soon as she was able to do so, and lived the rest of her life with dignity.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
P.S. Hoffman died of a drug-overdose.

Don't celebrities die in bed surrounded by money anymore? It's almost like a prerequisite of being a movie-star or musician these days.

"Mr. Bieber, please sign this life-contract stipulating that unless you agree to die of a massive crack-cocaine overdose, you are legally not allowed to be a 'musician' on this planet, in this life, or the next. Thank you".

It honestly doesn't shock me anymore. Like Clarke Gable, I've stopped giving a damn.

The death of Shirley Temple was a big surprise, though. One of the greatest stars ever, even if she didn't last very long in the public eye.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Your Show of Shows spawned: The Dick Van Dyke Show (Carl Reiner), My Favorite Year (Mel Brooks) and Laughter on the 23rd Floor (Neil Simon), all written from their experiences working on the show.

Old Rogue

Practically Family
Just saw a piece on Sid Caesar on the ABC nightly news. It said that Sid once received a fan letter from Albert Einstein, or as the reporter put it "from one genius to another". Well said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner