Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DEATHS ; Notable Passings; The Thread to Pay Last Respects

Taylor Hawkins, drummer for the Foo Fighters died at the age of 50.
Now that a bit of time has passed, reports are that a number of drugs were found in his room and that he died of some form of overdose; allegedly he had 10 different substances in his system at the time of death. Some sites are reporting his heart weighed twice what it should have. CBS News is also saying "local health officials" received a report of a patient with chest pain, but that their resuscitation efforts failed and the patient died. Still, no exact cause of death has been announced yet because toxicology and other reports can take up to six weeks.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Sad news for me, one of my favourite character actors, Ralph Riach, has died, aged 86.

Perhaps best known for playing "TV" John McIver (that's pronounced Mc-EEver) in Hamish Macbeth. He was quite late to acting, starting about age 46. An early for him film appearance was in Mel Gibson's abominable Braveheart.

Farewell, TV John...

Last edited:

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Roland White R.I.P.
2DB2E6CC-984C-4189-B160-D36160E410F6.jpeg

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Teen idol Bobby Rydell, born and really named Ridarelli, was just shy of turning 80.

Volare will never sound the same again...

Edward

Bartender
Pamela Rooke, better known by her nom de guerre Jordan, died recently aged just 66. You may never have known her name, but if punk rock and the London punk rock revolution of 1976/77 in particular ever meant anything to you, you will know her face. Hugely important figure in the look of punk rock as a fashion (anti-fashion) movement. She was utterly fearless, and dressed as she did for real, day to day - no hobbyist or scenester she. In recent decades, she became a vetinary nurse with a particular penchant for rescue cats. One of those genuine souls who never sold out, never became everything against which she had once railed, and never - unlike so many - dissolved into bitterness over conflicting, ego-driven memories. She was punk rock long before anyone had ever heard of it, and she will remain so long after every last scene Ozymandius has been reduced to a shattered visage in the desert.

1649841594382.png

Requiescat in pace

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...ke-punk-rock-fashion-icon-jordan-dies-aged-66

Pamela Rooke, better known by her nom de guerre Jordan, died recently aged just 66. You may never have known her name, but if punk rock and the London punk rock revolution of 1976/77 in particular ever meant anything to you, you will know her face. Hugely important figure in the look of punk rock as a fashion (anti-fashion) movement. She was utterly fearless, and dressed as she did for real, day to day - no hobbyist or scenester she. In recent decades, she became a vetinary nurse with a particular penchant for rescue cats. One of those genuine souls who never sold out, never became everything against which she had once railed, and never - unlike so many - dissolved into bitterness over conflicting, ego-driven memories. She was punk rock long before anyone had ever heard of it, and she will remain so long after every last scene Ozymandius has been reduced to a shattered visage in the desert.

View attachment 418106

Requiescat in pace

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...ke-punk-rock-fashion-icon-jordan-dies-aged-66

The name rings a bell, but I don't recognize her. Notwithstanding that, too young to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points