Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DEATHS ; Notable Passings; The Thread to Pay Last Respects

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the moment, Ray.
1653643505116.png

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender

Just picked this up in the London press this morning.

Not a performer I especially followed, but always enjoyed his turns when I did catch them. 67 once seemed old. Now, it's seven or eight years younger than my parents, just a little older than some of my colleagues, and I can see it looming over the horizon for myself as I canter rapidly towards the end of my own fifth decade.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
A legend in Canada, ironically not a Canadian, but Rompin' Ronnie Hawkins, rock and blues icon in Canada since the 1950s, has died, aged 87.

His band left him en masse in the late 60s, ironically to move south to the US. Becoming, yes, The Band, they woukd carve out a niche in music legend far outstripping their former front man.

John and Yoko's stay at Hawkins' ranch in Ontario cottage country is the stuff of legend.

MTF when I can.

A legend in Canada, ironically not a Canadian, but Rompin' Ronnie Hawkins, rock and blues icon in Canada since the 1950s, has died, aged 87.

His band left him en masse in the late 60s, ironically to move south to the US. Becoming, yes, The Band, they woukd carve out a niche in music legend far outstripping their former front man.

John and Yoko's stay at Hawkins' ranch in Ontario cottage country is the stuff of legend.

MTF when I can.

A legend.

A six year old girl was heavily injured at a hard car accident on the Autobahn A4 near Erfurt, Thuringia. So heavy, that she died just hours after at hospital. R.I.P..

Further three heavy injured people.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up

MTF when I can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch