Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim Jackets - New or Vintage

Edward

Bartender
wow there is extra panel on the side to make hand warmers in line with the seam, cool mod on the pattern, does it affect the fit to be more slim fitting around the waist too?

You'll see the same thing on the Wrangler western / trucker jackets. I think they did it first?

Id like a golden mouton and dark indigo.

That would be cool. I wonder if you ordered a nice denim jacket from Aero would they agree to add a mouton collar at an upcharge?

(That said, I'd love to have a black denim HWM!)

I agree. Similar to the waist adjusters at the bottom of the Aero Highwayman. They are too low on the jacket to do anything other than create a balloon effect.

Probably depends on the individual and the jacket; mine, when I was thinner and could pull them in the whole way, never looked any more 'balloon' like than a well-fitting A2.

It's of course not Denim but at least cotton-twill, so I think, it's ok, here.
I saw that checked pattern Chino online, loved it, went to small department store in the next city and bought it. :rolleyes::D

It's stonegrey. :) Reall nice allround trousers.

Attachments

• IMGP6421.JPG
    IMGP6421.JPG
    308.8 KB · Views: 991
  • IMGP6422.JPG
    IMGP6422.JPG
    491.1 KB · Views: 1,025
  • IMGP6423.JPG
    IMGP6423.JPG
    518.2 KB · Views: 1,033
Photos? Who are you and what have you done with the real Trench?!?

I like the trousers btw.

A little better:

Of course, this Chino is a slim-fit, but I just liked this stonegrey check texture, I tell you!. :)

Attachments

• IMGP7302.JPG
    IMGP7302.JPG
    176.8 KB · Views: 1,009
  • IMGP7304.JPG
    IMGP7304.JPG
    173.6 KB · Views: 1,005
  • IMGP7305.JPG
    IMGP7305.JPG
    447.4 KB · Views: 971
  • IMGP7306.JPG
    IMGP7306.JPG
    224.7 KB · Views: 1,021

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
^ Fun!

Evo pics of my IH jean jacket. Still a long way to go, though.

20190924-164850.jpg

20190924-164935-0.jpg

20190924-164900.jpg
Nice, i can see more vivid blue taking over the inky blue black, i wonder why the back of a jacket while very slow to crease but the first to fade, is it from perspiration or from rubbing against the backrest of chair/ sofa/ car seat, but in that case why dont they left more creases? And why the front panel despite being rubbed by our hands, rubbed against table counter, against sleeves etc, is the last to fade.

Nice, i can see more vivid blue taking over the inky blue black, i wonder why the back of a jacket while very slow to crease but the first to fade, is it from perspiration or from rubbing against the backrest of chair/ sofa/ car seat, but in that case why dont they left more creases? And why the front panel despite being rubbed by our hands, rubbed against table counter, against sleeves etc, is the last to fade.

I was thinking about the logic of fading too and can't quite figure it out. Parts that I thought'd be the first to fade, like for example the underside of the sleeves, still look brand new while at other places I can't recall even having any contact with anything, the jacket turned almost white. Weird.

I'm going to have to wash it, though. It stinks.

Also, this 21oz denim isn't fading any faster than any other would. Which is okay, too!

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Totally, like how the front yoke fades before everything else, i never touch that part of the jacket, i dont think i lean against something so high on the chest area to rub the color off against anything, even crossing my arms dont reach that high.... this must be alien constipation

S1DIEP7.jpg
freshly washed for the 3rd time....
I doubt posting trucker on main wjywt thread haha:confused: lucky we have sub sub section for all thing denim... short shorts and jacket alike:D

WJAYWT is just as much for fine denim as it is for stinking hide. XD You should post at both places at once! Textbook example of a perfect "3rd Type", as the Japanese would say, fit.

But to me, the pro on stone-washed Denim jackets is, that I can better combine it with the white jeans. Not the harsh contrast of white and pure blue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points