Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Design by Karin Larsson - remaking the childrens room.

Woland

One of the Regulars
Dear Loungers.

As the temperature seem to have superglued itself around -10, -20 Celsius, the ever increasing minutes of daylight is promising indeed.

As we can not yet dedicate our free hours to gardening at the summer residence(!), we have decided to attack the childrens room with paint & brushes.

The missus is a long time admirer of the folkloristic national-romantic interior design of the Swedish Artist Mrs. Karin Larsson (1859-1928)
We will try our best to recreate, or should I say take inspiration from, one of the more ignored directions in historical Scandinavian design.

The dominating folkloristic design in Norway is in our view quite hideous.
Example:

1717933206.jpg

And:

ImageVaultHandler.aspx

Or:

images

Or: (Explicit material, close your eyes)

hytta+v%C3%A5r+001.JPG

Arghhh!!!
The reversed snobbery of unpainted pine, or three-white as we call it, really makes my gut turn.

I beg the pardon of those who actually likes this kind of decor, but keep in mind that as a born & bred Norwegian, I have been force fed with this "the dedicated hobbyist-decor" and unpainted wood fetishism from a tender age.
My mum & dad even had a momentary lapse of reason and gave us several "rosepainted" objects for Xmas (sorry mum & dad, objects exist no more).

Give me sometghing like this, PLEASE! (Watercolour by Carl Larsson.)

PAP660.jpg

Going down to the summer-house this weekend for a short winter holiday.
(If we can get through the snow-drives, that is...)
Will take some "before-pictures" and also give more clue as to the general direction of our design.

Be well.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany