Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Disable all emails

Rich22

Practically Family
How do I prevent this site from sending me emails? I click on the link at the bottom of the email that says "disable all emails". It takes me to a page that asks if I want to update my email notification settings. I click "update settings". The next pages tells me "Your email notification selections have been updated." Yet I keep receiving endless notification emails. I'm happy for notifications to work on this site when I log in, but I don't want the emails. Anyone got a fix? Thanks!

Edit: I'm aware I could just block TFL emails, but I'd rather not spam the heck out of my junk folder either.

How do I prevent this site from sending me emails? I click on the link at the bottom of the email that says "disable all emails". It takes me to a page that asks if I want to update my email notification settings. I click "update settings". The next pages tells me "Your email notification selections have been updated." Yet I keep receiving endless notification emails. I'm happy for notifications to work on this site when I log in, but I don't want the emails. Anyone got a fix? Thanks!

Edit: I'm aware I could just block TFL emails, but I'd rather not spam the heck out of my junk folder either.

Make sure you un-select the email alerts.

725E0ECE-92E3-4451-B43D-197AA0EC6CB1.jpeg

Rich22

Practically Family
Thanks. I turned them all on and then turned them all off, and, oh, bugger, I'm still getting some emails... not to threads I've posted in, but I received an email to alert me to your reply to this thread. hmmm....

If any mods are here, can you make that setting linked to in the email a universal setting? It doesn't appear to do anything currently.

Edward

Bartender
Update: management are aware of this. There's no such universal setting available. This isn't something we can change, as TFL runs on a software platform that is ultimately set in functionality terms by the provider. As I understand it, the default setting is no notifications, so worth checking individual threads you get a notification from - you should be able to unsubscribe from those, but it will I fear have to be done on a per thread basis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana