Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Disney Fedora

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
bolthead said:

... but Mrs. Blaine keeps telling me size doesn't matter... :eusa_doh:

all seriousness aside though, notwithstanding the size it seems to be a bit of a high water mark in my (limited) observations. Though you are quite right, Disneys rarely come up in these larger sizes.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
:eusa_clap :D Well I did snag that one 7 5/8 in my size not that long ago....:eusa_clap :D lol
and it's become one of my favorites....It's the one in my current avatar...

citRon

A-List Customer
how about this Disney Fedora?

disney.jpg
[/IMG]]

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
Rick Blaine said:

I looked too... but it was the wrong PRICE !?!?! :eek:

...what am I missing here, why did this one sell for so much?
Any ideas?

Me!:D

No, I did not win it but I put in a very high bid. I wanted this hat when it was sold in November and still kick myself for losing it back then. This hat was going to be mine no matter what. Imagine my surprise when I got home from work and saw that I lost!:eek: :rage: Winning a nice Portis helped though.

It is a Disney and has a cav./mode/duplex/etc. edge. From what I have seen a brown hat with this kind of edging is rare. Oh, well....

jdbenson

One of the Regulars
Too much $$ for me

I had the winning bid on that lid for days. I thought it has slipped under everybody's radar. Then out of nowhere I was outbid. I went as high I could but still lost that baby. I know vintage hats in that large of a size go for a high price, but WOW.

Do you guy's think that's going to be the norm?

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
For choice pieces in that size I'm afraid it's going to be. I went what I thought was all out for a Stratoliner last summer and got my butt kicked. My bid was about what that Disney ended up at, but it went even higher.

I keep my eye open for steals (like my 'new' Lock), but otherwise I figure it's better (for me) just to go custom. I would like to pick up a vintage Stetson at some point, though, just to have one example for my humble collection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner