Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Disney - minus the ears.

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here's my entry for membership in the Ten Dollar Hat Club. Snagged it for the $9.95 opening bid. Surprising, as it's a 7-1/2 LO which is just a little big for me. I can wear it OK, though, it doesn't hit my ears.

The brim is 2-1/2" with a stitched underwelt, and the crown is about 5-1/4" bashed.

The good news is that I got it cheap and it looks good, bad news is that there are beaucoup moth tracks on the upper and lower side of the brim and a few on the crown. None of them go all the way through, and they're not really noticable unless you hold the hat in your hands and examine it.

It's my first Disney and I like it. Check the pics and see if you can spot what's quite weird about this hat.

Disney08.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I think you'd look rather silly without ears. :p
it's a nice looking hat, and it sounds like you got a deal on it.
I don't see anything too odd. Is it something with the wind string maybe?
I love how ornate all the script is.

DOUGLAS

It looks ok to me other than the wind tolly being a different color.

EricH

One of the Regulars
lol Tony, that's not a wind trolley. It's an elastic band that keeps it squeezed against your noggin. Put a knot in it and it will work just like a "self conformer". By the way, how'd I miss that hat? :eusa_doh: Eric (Love my Disneys)

thefedorastore

A-List Customer
Tony in Tarzana said:
... bad news is that there are beaucoup moth tracks on the upper and lower side of the brim and a few on the crown. None of them go all the way through, and they're not really noticable unless you hold the hat in your hands and examine it. ...

Tony, I will be happy to give it my moth divot treatment on the house. Just cover the shipping. PM me if you like.
Duane

Tony in Tarzana

EricH said:
lol Tony, that's not a wind trolley. It's an elastic band that keeps it squeezed against your noggin. Put a knot in it and it will work just like a "self conformer". By the way, how'd I miss that hat? :eusa_doh: Eric (Love my Disneys)

Not just you, everybody missed it! Except me, that is. lol

I'm always afraid that if a vintage hat has a low opening bid and nobody bids, the seller may throw it away. :(

Snrbfshn

A-List Customer
Apparently more common than one might think...

I've got a Knox Twenty that has an elastic ersatz wind trolley. My guess is that so few men actually used the trolley for its intended purpose that it was easier to put a fake one on for adornment purposes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner