Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do I need to put any protectant on a new aero B3, or should I just wear it as is?

JLStorm

Practically Family
Do I need to use some sort of treatment or protectant on a new aero b3 before I subject it to the rain, sleet, snow, etc?

I plan to use this jacket as daily winter wear, so it certainly will not be a closet queen by any means. I want it to last for many years to come...anything I need to know before I wear?

blethook

One of the Regulars
I personally wouldn't worry about putting anything. The brand new leather should have its own natural oil to start with. So I would say just wear it as it is and worry about the effect of rain/snow later...

Now how about some pics of the jacket? :D

Hawk_Eye

One of the Regulars
If its a brand new jacket, just wear it. Wear it hard and let it develop some real character. It shouldnt need any leather food for a long time.

Daoud

One of the Regulars
I'll chime in as well- my jacket is about 14 years old and I have put it through all kinds of hell, and it still looks almost new. You'd really have to work at it to damage one of these coats.

JLStorm

Practically Family
I will post photos when I get it (I just finally placed the order last week after over 40 emails back and forth with Aero. I cant promise you will like it though...its basically an ANJ-4 & B3 hybrid with a lot of horsehide overlays and a much larger collar and windflap than usual.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
JLStorm said:
I will post photos when I get it (I just finally placed the order last week after over 40 emails back and forth with Aero. I cant promise you will like it though...its basically an ANJ-4 & B3 hybrid with a lot of horsehide overlays and a much larger collar and windflap than usual.

Well it sounds interesting. Photos please when it arrives and definitely no need for leather conditioner etc..:)

jamespibworth@n

One of the Regulars
Eastmans recommend treatment about once a year. And up to 2 or 3 times a year only if it gets wet regularly.

Looking forward to the photos of this ‘special’.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandkissed