Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you go Commando?

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Elaina said:
Uhm...well. I seldome wear underwear unless I HAVE to. Corset wearing and panties don't mix well. That and I have a huge keister that I'm deathly afraid of panty lines, I'd rather go without then have big girl lines.

I cannot stand panty or bra lines, nothing is as unflattering, IMO. It is even worse than sweater pills.

ETA FYI: I was on another board & all the girls swore that nothing worked better with white pants like a nude boyshort.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Miss Brill said:
ETA FYI: I was on another board & all the girls swore that nothing worked better with white pants like a nude boyshort.

Yes, nude undies or thongs look best under light colored pants. I almost always wear boyshorts, as it's the most surefire way to not have lines.

Last_Chael

One of the Regulars
I absolutely adore boyleg pants!! They're so comfortable, and if they're the right style, you never have to worry about wedgies!!

But therein lies my problem! I have a rather ample behind, and I've found that certain styles of boyleg aren't long enough in the leg to fully cover me. So I end up with even worse wedgies!! It's difficult to judge from the hanger whether they're large enough in the bum to fully cover me!! But eventually I'll learn the knack!!

I really don't like the thought of going commando! I have so many wobbly bits down there that I'd much rather wear full leg pants than nothing. Though I have started becoming accustomed to going braless in certain outfits, which is something I never thought I'd manage! I tried those stick on ones for backless dresses, but found they never stuck quite well enough!

Helen Troy

A-List Customer
I have no problem going bra-less. But I should have been more shy. Recently, I found out that a couple of the dresses that I considered safe, actually let my biscuits peek out and go for freedom when I sat in certain postitions!

That was not my intention. The dresses actually looked quite modest most of the time. But sometimes, not so much... One of this exapmples of the "titties freedom movement" happened in my mothers 50s birthday! I hope nobody noticed, but I'm still mortified!

Now I use double tape.

Last_Chael

One of the Regulars
Miss Brill said:
I would love to be able to go braless. If I could, I wouldn't wear any underwear at all.

Hehehe one of the perks of being quite small busted! Although I have that wonderful problem that there's about a cup size difference between them, so I prefer wearing a padded bra as it's incredibly noticeable when I'm not wearing one. Of course I can tell when I've put on weight because they get bigger :p And it's the first thing to get smaller when I lose it again :p Any wonder my boy loves it when I'm bigger :p

As an aside, I'm going underwear shooping tomorrow, planning on stocking up on boyleg underwear. With the current state of all my underwear, it's a miracle I haven't had to go commando yet!!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Last_Chael said:
As an aside, I'm going underwear shooping tomorrow, planning on stocking up on boyleg underwear. With the current state of all my underwear, it's a miracle I haven't had to go commando yet!!

IMO, the absolute best boyleg undies ever are made by Hanes and they are called "the perfect panty". They sell them at Target in the US and they are quite affordable. They are super duper stretchy, don't show unless you're wearing something really tight, and are very breathable (even though they are nylon/spandex, they have a very open weave, especially in the crotch). No tags, no riding and SO comfy. I find that most boyshorts don't cover my ample backside, and these really do. You can see them here. They only show them in white on the hanes site, but they do have them in black, nude, white and a bunch of fun colored and striped ones too.

roselily

One of the Regulars
I'm in the "don't wear undies when I'm dancing" camp. The leo has built in liner, so do the tights. That's enough for me!

I love boyshorts- especially under my floaty summer skirts. My favorite are by Maidenform- I buy a bunch whenever they're on sale. I prefer not cotton, as cotton is wierd under pants.

I'd love to try some tappants sometime too.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Commando? Never heard that term before!

I remember being lithe and slender... I never wore panties then! Only garter belts and stockings! Of course, I also never did (and never do) wear pants, jeans, or shorter than knee-length skirts, so nothing showed. And never a bra! I was such a bad girl, and such a hottie... sigh.
Alas, I am now more than ten dress sizes bigger, and now I have the VPL to worry about - so for daily use, it's pantyhose with nothing under them (duh - that's why they invented them!) and for special, open bottom girdles, with nothing under them. There really isn't room for anything under an OBG, and nothing shows, so why bother? I can't wear garter belts any more, as a big girl they just make me too lumpy.
Under a bias cut gown, Jean Harlow wore nothing, always - if it's good enough for Jean, it's OK for anyone!
Bias satin gowns are the most demanding of the figure though - I would say if you really need that much support that your underthings show through, it's not a good look for you anyway.

Lindelea

New in Town
Not a fan of commando simply because of the clumsy factor. I can't tell you how many face plants into the ground I've taken where I had dress/skirt come completely up. I tend to wear shorts under things if I'm going to be out and active and not just going to dinner or something like that. I'd rather go commando than wear a thong though. *shudder* That simply doesn't need flossing. Ever. My manner of dress doesn't usually involve anything terribly form fitting below the waist, so I don't have a VPL to worry about though. If you're ever wearing wrap around pants, though, regular panties are a bad idea. Tap pants or ladies boxers are a better idea because if the wind blows they come open up the side all the way to the hip.

jayem

A-List Customer
Nope, never. First, I remember what my mom used to tell me about putting on clean undies everyday: If something happens, do you want the world seeing your dirty panties?! I think the same way about going commando. Second, undergarments are just so fun and cute!

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars
I go commando only when I'm wearing girdles, too much trouble otherwise. But other than that, I do when I'm at the gym or running, otherwise I get the whole riding up thing going on.

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Only when sleeping do I go commando. My mother told me my lady parts needed to breathe.

I used to giggle and think that if that were true I would never drowned while doing a handstand underwater!

Madalene Laurae

New in Town
I finally got to the laundry mat today to wash a few towels and clothes and pretty much ALL of my "delicates"......I keep them in a mesh bag so some of the itty bitty ones don't disappear. Imagine the fun of trying to furtively slip 40+ panties into a washer without the creepers trying to get a look.

Personally, I go commando only with skirts. I despise pants but I work somewhere really casual so I usually have to wear jeans or else explain why I am "dressed up." Since when is wearing a skirt dressed up?

My favorite unders for VPL's are the cheeky or brazlian lace boyshorts they have at Victoria's Secret. If I am wearing questionable unders, I will do the bend over test in my full length mirror to spot any wayward lines.

I could never run out now! the place I just moved from didn't have a washer so instead of going to the laundrette I would just go and buy more pants! As a result they're almost falling out of my pant drawer in my new place.

I must admit though, I do sometimes go without. Never when wearing trousers though. Stockings & no underwear. I feel liberated! And a bit naughty because noone else knows ;)

I used to go bra-less all the time, but now I'm extremely paranoid that I have funny shaped boobs so I don't do that anymore lol

Mary

Practically Family
I'm very surprised I must say. I never thought people did it.
I go commando at home and in the countryside and maybe from the beach but that's really it. I'd feel I'd had to watch every step otherwise.

And no panties when pantyhose? Then you'd have to wash the pantyhose after every time. Don't you?

Dolly daydream. I'm sure you're boobs are the sweetest! Mine are a bit different from eachother but it doesn't bother me. I feel very comfortable without a bra and only put it on for jobinterviews and under white clothes. And when I want them to be pointy! I had a bra on yesterday for the sleep-over but it put me in an awful mood and I had to take it off and have some sandwiches to be my normal self.

M

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points