Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you go Commando?

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Every day. I cannot stand underpants. I like pettipants, and I like stretchy pants liners, but I loathe traditional underwear (I have a lot of thongs, and I rarely wear them, but I like them more than a full-seat).

melbournian

New in Town
What are tap pants?

The only time I've gone commando was, like a lot of the ladies, when I was doing ballet, and wearing tights and a leotard. When I stopped ballet and took up tap we didn't have a uniform so I'd wear black leggings and a t-shirt and undies underneath :) I can't stand the thought of 'thongs' (funnily enough in Australia that's the name we give to 'flip flops'!), having a narrow strip of material giving you a permanent wedgie sounds awful and they're just a bacteria magnet. I've had a lot of success with seamless and 'line free' underwear made of thin fabric with no stitching at the edges, but luckily I'm not a fan of silk bias cut dresses.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I went commando for the first time at the QM (scandalous, I know!). I had gotten a few pairs of vintage tap pants, and so I wore one over my girdle. It was AMAZING. As silly as it sounds, it was so much more comfortable and worry-free than having panties under my girdle.

Going to the bathroom was only a 5 minute affair instead of a 15 minute too! However, i did unhook my back garters and pull up the back of my girdle because I was terrified I'd pee on myself otherwise.

Helen Troy

A-List Customer
Oh, I'm runnning out of clean underwear today! The thing is, in my appartment building we have a community laundry room, and therer is this old, angry man who is a self-appointed laundry police. He shows up everey time I do the laundry, telling me that I'm doing it wrong. So I have been putting of the laundry to long.

So then I need to handwash something. I have tried the commando thing, but I don't like it. It feels to exposed, and I get the feeling that somehow I will fall or rip my clothes or experience another freak accident that will expose me!

A couple of years ago, I was wearing split-crotch bloomers for my 1860s costume. (At a LARP, kind of reenacting.) And I couldn't dare wearing those without knickers underneath. I kept imagining that I would trip and fall, and then my skirt and my petticoat would get thrown over my head in the fall, and I would lay there in an akward postition with my legs apart and then it would be terribly akward!

I know, the chances for that happening is not great. But all the same, I wore thongs under my split-bloomers, thus completely ruining the intended easier-to-use-the-loo-effect.

Well, I'm of to handwash some thongs!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
The only time I've ever gone commando was reenacting. Whoever mentioned it before is right, panties and corsets just don't go together! As for ballet, we all wore flesh colored camisole strapped leotards underneath our tights and uniform leotards. I considered these my ballet underwear.

PolkaDotMeggie

A-List Customer
I have never gone without danties in public. If I didn't have my wobbly bits to worry about then I probably would try it! Doesn't any one else worry about having a less than firm behind and have it be noticeable? Or is it just me? And as for the panty-line issue.... if an outfit was so tight/silky/slinky to show a panty line... I probably wouldn't wear it! Plus wearing undies helps eliminate the "accidental" camel toe incidents we see on celebrity TV shows.

Helen Troy

A-List Customer
Forgive me for asking, but a just can't let go: "Cameltoe-insident". Is that what I think? Let me try to put it delicately: Is it when wearing very thight trousers, womens most private parts is outlined, looking a bit like a camel toe? I'm only guessing, so please answer me. I got curious, and if it is what I think it is such an amusing expression!

Sunland Sare

New in Town
the first and only time I have gone commando, I was caught out!

I organised a christmas party when I was in college for the students, and had an unforgiving silk dress on, hence the need for a lack of undies.

I had booked a sexy Mrs Claus to hand out gifts, unfortunatly, she got the address wrong and I had to don a spare Santa coat that happened to be lying around and dish out gifts to drunken college students, with no undercrackers!!

the only thing is, the Santa coat had no buttons/zip/belt, so I had to secure it (badly) with hair grips. needless to say, I had one or two "wardrobe malfunctions"

never again!!

PolkaDotMeggie

A-List Customer
Helen Troy said:
Forgive me for asking, but a just can't let go: "Cameltoe-insident". Is that what I think? Let me try to put it delicately: Is it when wearing very thight trousers, womens most private parts is outlined, looking a bit like a camel toe? I'm only guessing, so please answer me. I got curious, and if it is what I think it is such an amusing expression!

I had no other way to describe it.... I am glad I didn't offend anyone because that is exactly what I was refering to. I would be afraid that if I wore unforgiving fabric (silky and slinky) and didn't wear any undies, I would risk being indecent in one manner or another. But maybe I am too insecure and should just go without them for once and then feel liberated?!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Never. Wearing lovely delicates is such a pleasure and a luxury... why would anyone not do it? The only time I don't wear them is if I'm wearing a panty girdle. With open bottomed girdles, I just wear thongs to minimize lines.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto