Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have a man room/study

carter

I'll Lock Up
kowalskt63 said:
rack2.jpg

rack1.jpg

My goal is to someday have every inch of wall covered by a hat! I'm sure the wife feels differently...

This room just keeps getting better!

I had the complete ownership of a 400 sq ft building out back until we began remodeling two years ago. I am now inspired to reclaim that space and return it to it's former (largely unrealized) glory!

Gentlemen, Great rooms one and all!

SweetieStarr

A-List Customer
Murph351 said:
Great spaces!
Here's my "man room".
It was the original owner's studio, he was a travel film producer in the 1930-50s.
Now it's the "Waikiki Womb".
The photo flash makes it look too bright.
In real life I've got it lit indirectly sorta like you're at Trader Vic's or Don the Beachcombers.
Some Martin Denny and a Mai Tai and I'm years and miles away from any problems.
TikiRoom3.jpg

TikiRoom1.jpg

TikiRoom2.jpg

Fantastic! When is the tiki party? :)

Murph351

One of the Regulars
Usually Friday night Tiki Happy Hours
We feature a Tiki era movie with matching Tiki drink.
Like Blue Hawaiians and Elvis' Blue Hawaii.
Hard to watch but good to drink:D
Send me a PM I'll let you know when we have the next one.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Kowalskt63, I have the same radio at home as shown in your very nice photos. Radio doesn't work, but the clock still does.

Our garage is full of my tools and '58 fiat Spyder, but my music room is pretty much 'the cave". Here are some hanging guitar shots - the rest of the room is amps and my workbench.

Basses...

WOG.jpg

There are another 4 or 5 guitars hanging on other walls, but no pix at this time.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
I posted this photo of my "man room" earlier in this thread, but when I rearranged my photobucket accout, the link was lost. Here it is again...modest though it may be.

All of the furniture here (including the large fish at the left) was Atticus made. Well...all except the small chair barely visible at the desk. This chair was used on the floor of the Sanitary Seafood Restaraunt from 1956 until 1990, when it was given to me by the owner. There is no telling how many famous butts have polished this little chair, but everyone from George Bush (Sr.) to Andy Griffith to Sam Irvin ate at the Sanitary during this period. I wonder at the stories my chair could tell!

carolinagame089.jpg

AF

RBH

Bartender
Kilted_Surveyor said:
We just got the oldest out on her own and now I get my man room. All the rooms here are great. I will post some pics as I go.
Dont get too happy... my youngest is moving back home for the summer.:D

Just kidding.. I couldnt ask for a better daughter than she is!

Love all the cool photos!!!!

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
These are some tremendous efforts - I love the Tiki room and also Gene's, especially. I collected 1800's albumens for many years, so I very much appreciate that part of your theme.

My place has basically been a rotating antique shop for years, but most of it is now boxed. If I ever get the place decorated to a point that it's worthy of having photos alongside those presented in this thread, I'll contribute.

Once again, thanks for all the incredibly interesting posts in this forum.

What do you do with a 9 foot by 9 foot room with no windows?

This is the "staff office" in the place we closed on late last year. The structure had been built to suit the particular needs of a person with multiple physical disabilities, who, if I understand the story correctly, had round-the-clock at-home care. This room is among the peculiarities of this place -- a category which also includes unusually wide halls and doorways and a bathroom large enough to host one of your lesser bowl games.

The "library," or "red room" (we haven't quite settled on just what to call it yet) is immediately off the living room and accessed via a pocket doorway, so it can be entirely closed off. The sofa is a hide-a-bed, which pretty well fills the space when it's pulled out. Friends who have spent the night all report that it's quite conducive to a good night's sleep.

It took two full gallons of paint to cover the walls and ceiling. The rug (which is covering some cheap vinyl flooring) was acquired (free) from a musty garage, where it had been left rolled up for several years. Most everything in here was gotten on the cheap.

IMGP1792.jpg

IMGP1794.jpg

IMGP1795.jpg

JimWagner

Practically Family
grey ghost said:
Most of my buddies are allowed by their wives and or girl friends to have one room in the house that is theirs to do with what they want.....
Do you have one.......?
Cheers Ghost

No, no. I am the master of my house. And I have permission to say so.

Truthfully, after 33 years in the same house it would be very difficult to pick out any distinctly his or hers areas. It's all one big clutter. Our house was always for living in and never for display. And has it ever been lived in ;)

Edit: Fibber McGee had nothing on me.

GWD

One Too Many
The HUT

I accidentally deleted my man room photos. I've done some modifications since my last photos so I thought I'd update.

This is a single car garage detached from the house. With three women in the house, this is a much needed and very well used retreat. :D All the men in my cul-de-sac have keys and are welcome anytime as long as the keep the fridge fully stocked!

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

bil_maxx

One of the Regulars
Hello gentlemen.
Very nice rooms. Mine is the living room. It has built in shelves, a piano, bar, humidor, golden age radio set and typewriter. How do I keep the kids out? Simple, the TV is in another room away from dad's "old stuff". I have my room, they stay away, and everyone is happy.

;)

Mav

A-List Customer
The house is too small for a full room, but I've got a chunk off of the foyer that is a combo office, meditation space, gun and musical instrument storage, bookcase for esoteric/ reference texts, etc.. Decorated in somewhere along the lines of late Victorian gent's study. It looks like hell right now and it's not quite finished yet. I really need to clean it and finish it off.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
I have a small office at home. It's got a bookcase for my books, my wardrobe (used to be in the spare bedroom but I had to move it when my son was born), and a HUGE desk. Seriously, I have no idea how they got it up the stairs and through the door. It's a bit cramped, but it serves its purpose.

Back in the States I have my forge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo