Do you know anything about WWII white undershirts?

Discussion in 'WWII' started by BigBrother, Oct 7, 2020.

1. BigBrother

BigBrother Familiar Face

I've seen in many History Channel documentaries, etc., these very short-sleeved undershirts worn by Navy service members:

https://maritime.org/pres/potrack/pots.htm

I'm not sure if these were common to the other services as well.

Do you know much about these? I've been looking for 1950s-style t-shirts (think rolled sleeves or just plain short like here) and these look interesting to me. I know some of the reproduction sites like At the Front have these, but as always would love to learn from you guys!

Thanks.

2. Edward

Edward Bartender

I buy my undershirts from a local supermarket; sized right, they are close enough this, at least for civilian-wear. Heck of a lot cheaper than military repop, too!

Edward Reed likes this.
  3. Edward Reed

Edward Reed One of the Regulars

4. Edward

Edward Bartender

Zombie_61 and Edward Reed like this.
  5. Zeltbahn

Zeltbahn One of the Regulars

I have few of the ELC US Army t-shirts. They are pricey, but so good. They got a slightly larger neck opening and shorter sleeves compared to modern t-shirts and the overall length is a bit longer. They are a bit off-white shade like the originals. I'm very satisfied with them. The bottle green USMC shirts are also top notch.

6. JustinW

JustinW A-List Customer