Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you wear your watch on your right wrist? If so, why?

mister7

Familiar Face
I have seen many people on television doing this and I'm curious if it some kind of a fashion trend. I don't think it has anything to do with handedness being left handed myself, but who knows?

Fill me in, all you fashionistas!

Miss Crisplock

A-List Customer
I am right-handed and wear my watch on my right wrist. Got into the habit when I was young. I like how it feels; the left wrist now feels odd to me with a watch on it.

Go figure.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
My watch is upside down if I wear it on the right,(wrong) wrist! :rolleyes:
Really, the stem ends up in the wrong place so if I had to adjust it, it just wouldn't happen without taking it off.

Tomasso said:
Where do you think you are, the Fashionista Lounge? :rolleyes:

lol

I wear mine on my left I think. I'll be honest, I don't have one, but if I did, I'm pretty sure it would be my left :rolleyes:

Or would it. I'm confused now, thinking about it lol

Oh no, I actually think it would be right. I am right handed, but as you siad, I don't think that has anything to do with it. I also carry my bag on my left shoulder, which I noticed when at schooooool, is a very strange thing to do. Funny that.

Dr Trinidad

One of the Regulars
I prefer the left. My right hand is my dominate hand and so hit the watch on more stuff if I wear it on the right just because I use that hand more. Hopefully that makes sense.

DerMann

Practically Family
I was taught to wear my watch on my non-dominant hand (left). Since your dominant hand is usually occupied , you're always able to check the time.

Right handed, right wrist. I got the habit from copying my dad, who is left handed. Now it just feels weird to have the weight on the left. I'd hate to think what the adjustment would do to my ability to do labwork properly! A bit like Chet Baker trying to learn to play with his new teeth, maybe.

bk

Sunny

One Too Many
Baron Kurtz said:
Right handed, right wrist. I got the habit from copying my dad, who is left handed.

Vice versa: Left handed, left wrist, copying my mother, who is right handed. But I just switched it to my right wrist a couple months ago, just for the halibut, and it's made little difference.

Feraud

Bartender
I am left handed and wear the wristwatch on my left wrist.

I was under the assumption the watch should be worn on the left wrist to facilitate (the now obsolete) winding and setting of watches.

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Pip said:
I wear it on my right wrist, although I'm ambidextrouslol
I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous....lol

Anywho....I'm left who wears his watch on his right wrist. I always thought it was so that since your dominate hand is in use more - there is less of a chance of smashing the watch.

How about the people who wear them with the face of the watch on the inside of the wrist?

Pip

A-List Customer
Brian Sheridan said:
I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous....lol

Anywho....I'm left who wears his watch on his right wrist. I always thought it was so that since your dominate hand is in use more - there is less of a chance of smashing the watch.

How about the people who wear them with the face of the watch on the inside of the wrist?

lol lol

I was originally right handed, but more or less conditioned myself into being ambidextrous, its worth the hassle and time though :eusa_clap

I tried wearing my watch on the underside of my wrist...but as its a bloody huge B-Uhren flying navigators watch...it just wasn't practical lol

norton

One of the Regulars
I just moved my watch to my right to give it a try. With the larger watches that are in fashion now, wearing the watch on the left can cause the crown to dig into the back of your hand when you bend your wrist, especially if the bracelet is a little loose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24