Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dobbs & Resistol

spiridon

A-List Customer
Here's a couple that I received yesterday. I was very pleased with winning both of these.....the felt on both of these is very soft!

The Dobbs....

IMG_0938.jpg

IMG_0939.jpg

.....and the Resistol...

IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0946.jpg

spiridon

A-List Customer
Baron Kurtz said:
The Dobbs is great. what are the measurements?

I'm less a fan fo the thin ribbon, but that one looks good on you.

bk

BK, the crown rakes from 5-in. up front to 4 & 1/2 in the rear. The brim is 2 & 5/8......I'm not usually a "thin-ribbon fan" either.....in fact this is my first.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Resistol is nice, but that Dobbs is fantastic.
The color combo works and I don't know why.
Great with the brown leather jacket. Should be
a good coffee roasting lid.

Congrats.

spiridon

A-List Customer
Baron Kurtz said:
What is the edge treatment on the Dobbs? Hard to tell. Also, is it plush or long hair? Or normal felt? I looks kind of plushy from here.

That hat is truly a thing of beauty.

bk

BK, I'd say it's a "plush" felt, longer than most of my others. The edge is an underwelt.
Feltfan......absolutely, a great "coffee roasting lid"! lol .....perfect weather for roasting as well.:D

RedPop4

One Too Many
Yes indeed, Jon.
Doing the decaf. Costa Rican tonight so that the family has something nice to drink on Thursday night when they all come for supper.

Those are great, that Dobbs is simply an amazing hat. The color contrast is fantastic, it really suits you. I'm not much on a thin ribbon, either, but that's a different look for you, I'm accustomed to you with the wider ribbon.

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Baron Kurtz said:
That Dobbs is pretty similar in proportions to my Knox Tom 'N' Jerry. Gahhh, there's that shirt again.

TomNJerry1.jpg

The high crown, medium brim, wide ribbon combo has to be my favourite.

bk

That IS such a nice hat Baron, I love seeing whenever you post it. I like thin ribbons, but..honestly I think my hesistancy toward larger ribbons has more to do with seeing them on stingy brim, low crown hats that seem ill proportioned to me. Your apreciation of High crown, wider brim, thicker ribbon is one I'm beginning to share!

dean

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21