Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

double breasted vests

_tone

New in Town
hello all,
i'm looking for a double breasted vest with notched lapels. i saw one online a while ago, but now i can't find it. any suggestions? thanks. _tone

DBvest.jpg

I have ordered (a while back) a vest very similar to this one above but in an ivory wool flannel from Matt Deckard. We got to see it at about 90% done a few weeks back, hoping to get it soon.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
I wish I could have something made by him. But none of his tour stops are close to me. How are his prices on the waistcoats, if you don't mind me asking?

We did not run through a lot of options for me.

It was straight forward, the Ivory wool flannel, decided on a satin back, lapel and collar style. I spent a little over $300 if I recall correctly.

It came in and was near complete so Matt could have me try it on to review the whole thing. I tried it on for fit and it looked great. With that we were able to settle a question as to the collar, and now it should be completed shortly.

Unfortunately- Not Yet! Matt has been trying to clear up what the hold up is.

It's possible they set the first one aside and started from scratch.
With that the production scheduler probably popped me to be back of the line up like it was a new order.

(I seen this happen at Scat Entetprises when a guy changed a part in his order for a performance Ford 351 rotating assembly, they automatically put you to the back of the line!)

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
I'm tempted to order a custom waistcoat (DB, of course ;) ), but I'm worried my current jackets would not fit over it. Would I just buy a size up in any new jacket, to accommodate a waist coat?

davestlouis

Practically Family
I'm sure you'll be happy with it. I don't have any occasion to really dress up, and I couldn't wear a waistcoat to work, so it would really be a luxury purchase for me...just can't justify it.

The waistcoat will actually be matched with my ivory flannal (tennis?) slacks and either camel hair sports coat or navy blue blazer and some bucks or saddle shoes for a "sporty" look. Chances are I'll wear it to church first.

And I'll post a picture or two asap.

The vest came on Monday delivered by UPS at 8:30pm.

I want to go to Matt's place to try it on and have him give it the close inspection eyeball, but haven't been able to swing the time.

In the mean time here are two rushed photos. I can't get a pix of me in it just yet.

MDvest002.jpg

MDvest001.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
fluteplayer07 said:
Would I just buy a size up in any new jacket, to accommodate a waist coat?
I make zero accommodation in jacket cut for my waistcoats. There's really not much to them.[huh]

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very stylish John. My tailor is working on my first three-piece suit currently, and it features the very same style of vest along with a beltback coat (replete with centre pleat) and hi-rise trousers. I will post pics when I obtain the suit in a few weeks' time but in the meantime, I'm very inspired by your vest my friend!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff