Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Double rider for non-motorcyclists - yay or nay? Which is your favorite?

MickeyPunch

Familiar Face
Luckily there doesn’t seem to be many guys here that think this type of jacket should only be worn by people who ride a bike, as those are annoying. I hope they never wore a pair of jeans without working in the mines first or an aviator jacket without a pilot license.

That being said, the Perfecto and Perfecto-like designs with all bells and whistles (epaulets, stars, belt and belt loops) are too much for me, so I have more minimalistic cross zips without those elements; my black jacket even has gunmetal hardware instead of silver. I like that Aero Hooch Hauler as it’s a more minimalistic design (until you look at the back at least).

TelemarkTumalo

Familiar Face

BigPond

Familiar Face
Luckily there doesn’t seem to be many guys here that think this type of jacket should only be worn by people who ride a bike, as those are annoying. I hope they never wore a pair of jeans without working in the mines first or an aviator jacket without a pilot license.

That being said, the Perfecto and Perfecto-like designs with all bells and whistles (epaulets, stars, belt and belt loops) are too much for me, so I have more minimalistic cross zips without those elements; my black jacket even has gunmetal hardware instead of silver. I like that Aero Hooch Hauler as it’s a more minimalistic design (until you look at the back at least).

This theddi has been consuming all my attention lately lol.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That being said, the Perfecto and Perfecto-like designs with all bells and whistles (epaulets, stars, belt and belt loops) are too much for me, so I have more minimalistic cross zips without those elements; my black jacket even has gunmetal hardware instead of silver.
I’m with you when it comes to belts and epaulets. I can handle belt loops but given the choice I eliminate them as well. This is a shot of my Langlitz Columbia when it was new back in 2017:
IMG_2008.jpeg

If I was smart I would have said game over right then and there because that jacket is perfect.

El Marro

And by the way, I don’t ride motorcycles, and I never have. I have worn that jacket on a mountain bike with a pair of engineer boots. That definitely earned me some chuckles from other cyclists!

TelemarkTumalo

Familiar Face
@TelemarkTumalo
I think you'll love the Hooch Hauler, I'm very happy with mine. My suggestion would be to consider a mouton collar with it.
That is a helluva idea. Hmmm. Just admiring your HH again. I debated the brown Horween when I had the swatches and I think yours is going to age so well. I ordered through Thurston Bros. and the communication with Carrie at Thurston was incredible. They sent me a beautiful try on jacket in Chestnut Badalassi. I really liked the feel of the leather, but a bit too dark for me. The swatches were very helpful, not only for color, but also to compare leather stiffness. I really appreciated the differences. Emails returned within 24 hrs.... even on weekends. Wow!

TartuWolf

Practically Family
I totally understand you for going with Badalassi. If it didn't have such a large upcharge (larger than any other option) I'd also consider black Badalassi for my potential future Aero Vincent, but I will most likely go for black CXL. Now after I have both brown and black cxl (and maybe cordovnan.. and maybe natural...) Badalassi will be my next choice.

Aloysius

I totally understand you for going with Badalassi. If it didn't have such a large upcharge (larger than any other option) I'd also consider black Badalassi for my potential future Aero Vincent, but I will most likely go for black CXL. Now after I have both brown and black cxl (and maybe cordovnan.. and maybe natural...) Badalassi will be my next choice.

Imo the most similar to the black Badalassi in terms of that rich lustrous black is actually the black goat.

BigPond

Familiar Face
Imo the most similar to the black Badalassi in terms of that rich lustrous black is actually the black goat.
You’ve mentioned black goat a few times recently. I’ve not seen examples with much luster. Are there any easy to find examples you could point to me toward?

Aloysius

You’ve mentioned black goat a few times recently. I’ve not seen examples with much luster. Are there any easy to find examples you could point to me toward?

I don't mean to sound a shill; I mention it a lot because Aero's goat is one of my favourite leathers but rarely gets mentioned here so it sort of took me by surprise when I tried it on a stock jacket. I get more compliments on this leather than any other type; probably more than the rest put together.

f29875dd-a8fd-491d-9c9f-61a41ac224d6.jpg

BigPond

Familiar Face
I don't mean to sound a shill; I mention it a lot because Aero's goat is one of my favourite leathers but rarely gets mentioned here so it sort of took me by surprise when I tried it on a stock jacket. I get more compliments on this leather than any other type; probably more than the rest put together.

Lovely!

Thanks for that. Looks great. Have been thinking about goat for my next jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner