Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dream ON

Status
Not open for further replies.

McPeppers

One of the Regulars
Actually the best sleep I ever had was in the bomb shelter of Homestead City Hall during Hurricane Andrew back in 1992.

Bizarre but true. She second best sleep was in the vault of Homestead City Hall during Hurricane Andrew back in 1992 prior to being woken up to move down to the shelter.

RedShoesGirl

One of the Regulars
i can sleep just about anywhere if i am tired, but i MUST have earplugs in. dont' care if it is already quiet, have to have those earplugs. i sleep in the back of my car when i am on the road and get tired. sleeping bag, pillow and soft mat-thingy and lara is a happy camper. much cheaper than motels. :)

lara

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Slumber Numbers

28%
Percentage of high school students who fal asleep in school at least once a week.
source: National Sleep Foundation

63%
The percentage of American adults who do not get the recommended eight hours of sleep needed for good health, safety, and optimum performance.

Estimated yearly number of vehicle crashes that are the direct result of driver fatigue.
source: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration

Aproximate number of Americans who suffer from chronic sleep disorders

Nashoba

One Too Many
carebear said:
I sleep on my back and without much movement, learned that in Boot, made remaking my rack faster.

My husband has that same habit. Funny how now I cant even get him to re align the sheets let alone MAKE the bed. When he was stationed in Alabama he managed to "aquire" a couch and an extra blanket. He would sleep on the couch with the extra blanket that way he would never have to make his rack. It was always ready for inspection.

As for me, I have to have a pillow under my head, one to my side and one between my legs to stabalize my hips or I wake up in pain. If my husband is home I HAVE to be able to feel him next to me, either snuggly or my hand resting on him. I need to know he's there. It's wierd but it's security thing for me. It drives him nuts though.
When he's gone, I have a rough time sleeping, especially the first month. I have to surround myself with pillows (much like the "square") and watch TCM or Comedy Central until I fall asleep with the TV on....also when he's gone the dog forgets that he has his own bed and decides he has to snuggle with me. I don't know how he does it, but it can be quite disturbing to wake up next to an 85lb chesapeke lab who has somehow managed to not only wiggle his way under the covers but is sleeping with his head on the pillow and trying to cuddle. And he snores too, but he does it when he's awake. that I just don't understand

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nashoba said:
My husband has that same habit. Funny how now I cant even get him to re align the sheets let alone MAKE the bed. When he was stationed in Alabama he managed to "aquire" a couch and an extra blanket. He would sleep on the couch with the extra blanket that way he would never have to make his rack. It was always ready for inspection.

As for me, I have to have a pillow under my head, one to my side and one between my legs to stabalize my hips or I wake up in pain. If my husband is home I HAVE to be able to feel him next to me, either snuggly or my hand resting on him. I need to know he's there. It's wierd but it's security thing for me. It drives him nuts though.

God bless any woman who can live with, much less sleep with, a Marine. We're better than the dogs, but not by much. ;)

BJonas

One of the Regulars
My wife likes the light and sound from a tv, I prefer total darkness. We found a way to compromise, to turn off the picture, but not the sound, which we then turn down. Couple that with the thickest, darkest shades and curtains we could find for the windows, and it's sleepy-time.

Phil

A-List Customer
I can sleep anywhere thanks to band. When you travel around and have to make do with what's given, you learn to sleep. I've slept in some odd positions in odd places. I've gone to sleep in band with trumpets blaring around me. At home, I'll sleep anytime anywhere. I can sleep on the floor, on the couch, and of course on my bed. THe one place I can't sleep though is school. Besides the fact that I wouldn't trust the kids around me, I'd feel too guilty. It's like saying, "Hey teach! You worked hard and earned a degree in your field anf you're doing your job, so I'll go to sleep." I just can't do it.

chippler

New in Town
I have to lie on my left hand side to get to sleep. Whilst I am asleep I move around and most of the time wake up on my back. I can basically sleep anywhere if I have to.

Oddly, I also sleep with my mouth open. I close my mouth but it feels like I am suffocating even though I am breathing...

- Chris

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
I have trouble sleeping in my own bedroom often. It's a slight feeling of claustrophobia on account of spending so many hours within an almost prison like atmosphere. A lot of the time, I sleep on the couch in the living room. I have better rest in a hotel to tell you the truth. I guess I'm not just comfortable being in my own house, I guess I could be a sort of endless traveller, not wanting to stay in any particular place for a long length of time. I can rest well anywhere but sometimes wake up with a sore.

The pillows and blanket I've had since I was very small and sometimes take them when I go travelling for a period of time. Always nice to bring a piece of your home with you. :)

skwerl-hat

One of the Regulars
i can sleep most anywhere as long as i have a blanket at least to cover myself with. Also i cant have my feet protruding from the blanket or i cant sleep. One late night i crawled under my kitchen table and slept the night away there (alcohol wasnt even involved)

HungaryTom

One Too Many
I had a dream

It was rather a nightmare - In my dream of last night I found my Vintage silhouettes hat shrunken in the garden and it was too small for my head so I did simply try to stretch it as I held it and than I did over stretch it that it was too big for my head plus I did tear it apart along the top of the crown and the side of the crown...:eek: :eek: :eek:

Than I awake and everything is fine...Huh:eusa_doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran