Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

'Ealing poet' 100% Wool

Erehwon

One of the Regulars
Hey Folks,

Greetings from Germany. I wanted you to show some pictures of a 'Ealing poet' 100% Wool. Color: Moss. The hat comes open crowned. That's fine to me!

Has the same dimensions like the Adventurer-Indy-Hat (fur felt).

Fine hat so far. Catches hairs like hell, as you can see on the pictures. :)

Regards,
Arne

Attachments

• IMG_20200930_182725.jpg
    IMG_20200930_182725.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 335
  • IMG_20200930_182705.jpg
    IMG_20200930_182705.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 298
  • IMG_20200930_182655.jpg
    IMG_20200930_182655.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 303
  • IMG_20200930_182648.jpg
    IMG_20200930_182648.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 322
Hey Folks,

Greetings from Germany. I wanted you to show some pictures of a 'Ealing poet' 100% Wool. Color: Moss. The hat comes open crowned. That's fine to me!

Has the same dimensions like the Adventurer-Indy-Hat (fur felt).

Fine hat so far. Catches hairs like hell, as you can see on the pictures. :)

Regards,
Arne
Good looking hat at a decent price. Keep us informed as to how it stands up to the elements this winter.

Erehwon

One of the Regulars
Oh, I think, I will avoid snow and rain with this one. This will be a dinner-night-hat. Nothing for outdoors.

Bashing this wool-felt was weird by the way. Wool doesn't respond like fur felt to steam, and it's way more soften...
The price for this new open crown is, what catched me.

mark balen

Familiar Face
Looks nice in the photos. Wool can be so soft- I'd be interested to know how well it holds the bash. By the way, what price are we looking at?

Erehwon

One of the Regulars
90 US-Dollar.

The wool holds the bash not very well only from steam. But I guess, it will hold the bash, when worn and kinked.

For a soft bash - soft pinch creases - it works from the beginning. For sharper kinks, sharper creasing.... It should take time.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
A very nice classic Fedora bash, Arne.

A wool hat will, of course, hold its shape less well in the short term but, over time, it will keep its look depending on the density of the wool. Tweed hats are a case in point.

Erehwon

One of the Regulars
A very nice classic Fedora bash, Arne.

A wool hat will, of course, hold its shape less well in the short term but, over time, it will keep its look depending on the density of the wool. Tweed hats are a case in point.
OH, tweed, I can imagine that.
I came straight out of the fur felt world, wool was new to me, especially as open crowned. But it worked well at least.

The hat is a sunny - Sunday hat. Nothing for rain etc.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
You've worked it very well, Arne. Looks especially good in the forrest.

OH, tweed, I can imagine that.
I came straight out of the fur felt world, wool was new to me, especially as open crowned. But it worked well at least.

The hat is a sunny - Sunday hat. Nothing for rain etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto