Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Earbags - Now I can wear my hat/cap through the winter!

Flieger

Practically Family
Winters here in Sweden can really kill all the fun of wearing hats and caps for up to 6 months/year. :( So I've been on the lookout for a solution to the problem - Knitted headwear is NOT an option for me.

Then, a couple of weeks ago I came across the "Earbags" site and I decided to order a pair in dark grey. http://www.earbags.com/

They arrived today and after "snapping" them on and matching them together with various hats and caps in my collection I must say we have a winner! These babies are comfortable and very toasty. Best thing is - They actually look a bit vintage when worn together with a hat or a cap.

I'll post some photos later.

Flieger

Speedster

Practically Family
I just saw these the other day. I was talking to one of the other parents from my sons class and she took a pair of those out of her pocket and snapped them on the ears. Quite smart when wearing a cap or hat.

Edward

Bartender
Interesting..... I think I'm more minded to the traditional scarf approach, though. lol Mind you, I've recently been considering a Deerstalker for wearing with tweeds - perchance one of those with the tie-dowm ear flaps?? lol

Flieger

Practically Family
Ehhh... sorry about that Speedster. This thread was not getting much attention so I figured people wasn't that cold around their ears (or interested). :)

I'll get a couple of snaps this evening.

/F

Flieger

Practically Family
Here we go! As promised - A couple of snaps of me wearing the Earbags. :)

EB_cap.jpg

EB_hat.jpg

I've worn them almost every day since I got them and I've felt no need to go back to the knitted winter caps. Two thumbs up!

/F

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks, Flieger. Needing earbags, or earmuffs, etc. is one of the reasons I've acquired hunting style caps lately. They have them already built-in!:)

dean

Flieger

Practically Family
And you looks smashing in them, Dean! :eusa_clap Me, however, can't really pull that ear-flap-cap style off. The Earbags may also make me look like a dork, but at least I'm a dork with toasty ears. lol

/F

fatwoul

Practically Family
Flieger said:
...but at least I'm a dork with toasty ears.

And at least you're less likely to hear when someone calls you a dork.

Excellent find. I may have to get some of these.

fatwoul

Practically Family
deanglen said:
When did you get your second flat cap, Robin?

Before any of my other hats. Like my new one, it isn't really mine but a loaner from my sister's boyfriend, who is unable to wear it anymore now that he has dreadlocks.

It's a Filippo Catarzi, whoever that is.

It's a little tight on me too, so I hardly wear it.

EDIT: Apparently, Filippo Catarzi don't want business of any kind. If they did, they'd make their website easier to get into. Idiots.

snowslider

New in Town
theres is an item called 180's that are earmuffs that you wear not on top of the head but that wrap around the back... ones that may be comfortable with a hat they twist up nicely to place in your pocket. i have worn them while snowboarding and wearing a helmet. until i got a helmet that had a covering for my ears. i think you may obtain them via rei.com, possibly. check them out. not to rain on your parade about the earbags, but ive found them kinda cheap. and uncomfortable.

Flieger

Practically Family
Not-Bogart13 said:
Fleiger,
I notice that they carry just plain earbags and Thinsulate earbags. Which did you get?

I think I got the plain ones, but I have to admit that I never saw the Thinsulate ones. Anyhow, the plain ones are warm enough for north Sweden.

/F

Flieger

Practically Family
The Earbags are so slim and comfortable that you forget you are wearing them. I can't reccomend them enough! I'm going to order another pair to match my browner hats. :)

/F

PeeWee

One of the Regulars
Flieger said:
The Earbags are so slim and comfortable that you forget you are wearing them. I can't reccomend them enough! I'm going to order another pair to match my browner hats. :)

/F

Yeah..I'm already thinking a brown and a gray pair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21