Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

East German "Deckcoat" and RAF Greatcoat

RedOctober

New in Town
I made a trip to a local military surplus store today and found a rather unique greatcoat; it was an East German naval greatcoat, extremely heavy and had leather shoulder padding on the outside, presumably to protect from water. Unfortunately the size they had was far too large for me, and they had no more in stock (and never would), so I got as much information about the coat as possible from them.

Like I said, it was a large greatcoat, very heavy and had leather shoulder padding. If I remember correctly it was dark blue in color, and had a nice soft inner lining. It was double breasted, and the buttons had anchors on them, as is to be expected on a Navy coat I suppose. They told me it was of East German origin, and referred to it as a deck coat, but I have never heard this term used before. I would be very grateful if anyone could find out where I could purchase such a coat, or a similar heavy greatcoat/trenchcoat, online. Presently I have an old Soviet naval one, single breasted and black, but it is growing rather old and worn after three years of use.

I am also looking for any good places to find old RAF greatcoats, there are a few on eBay, but very few and from what I have seen the prices sky-rocket quickly. Reproductions are fine, I'm looking to wear these items, not to put them on display or anything.

Thanks for your time and help, I really appreciate it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR