Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastman Leather Clothing Air Comfort 1950s Commercial Bomber Jacket

HPA Rep

Vendor
Please take note to what I think is one of the better Eastman jackets that seems to get no coverage. This is made of their latest WarHorse leather, which is fabulous horsehide, having wonderful character of grain and matched in hide weight and thickness that is not overly heavy, perfectly in keeping with the weights and thicknesses of the typical flying jackets of the 1930s -'50s. It's fully vegetable-tanned Italian horsehide in a aniline-dyed finish that is the same seal brown used on the Star Sportswear and Rough Wear Clo. 27752 A-2 Jackets. The collar is a deliciously soft mouton that's very dense and, thanks to good backing and tropunto stitching, the collar stands up nicely and can be shaped to form by the wearer. The hand-warmer pockets are, of course, a nice, useful touch, and inside is a snap-down pocket as found on the G-1 or M-422A Jackets. The lining is genuine rayon acetate sewn in a classic diamond-pattern quilting, which provides better insulating properties than the A-2, G-1, M422A, etc. The back is simple and unfussy in construction, and the armholes are not too high, which provides a comfy fit. The lining is finished off with a fabulous-looking, period-style civilian maker label featuring a slick propeller-driven airplane and the Air Comfort name. Lastly, it features a vintage-style reproduction Talon zipper in plated nickel.

Some customers elect to go up a size in this due to the quilted lining making this snugger than their body shape may allow for a comfortable fit and/or a desire to add layers, though I wear the same size as my chest measure: 40. The sleeve length is shorter than most other Eastman jackets of the same size by about 0.5", thus more customers than would otherwise be the case have needed a long or extra-long fitting, but longer sizes still reflect less than 1% of our sales. So as to help put the jacket size into some sort of fit perspective, this is a size 40R. I'm doing the modeling and my body measures are as follows: 40" chest circumference, 30" waist, shirt-sleeve measure 33", 5' 9" tall, 148 lbs. with a lean, athletic build.

We have sizes 38R - 48R in stock. Our prices always include U. S. customs duty, 
import processing fees, currency-conversion fees and expedited shipping & insurance from the manufacturer to us in the USA.

All items that we ship to Canada are assumed by Canadian customs officials to be of U. S. origin, thus qualifying for duty-free import under NAFTA, so Canadian customers benefit greatly and should only have to pay national and provincial taxes, which are, for the most part, unavoidable and would apply to items even of Canadian origin.

You can see product details, detailed and larger images, fit tips, and product measurements on our website:

https://www.historypreservation.com...vilian-classics/air-comfort-1950s-commercial-

_DSC0007wo.jpg _DSC0013wo.jpg _DSC0018wo.jpg

thor

One Too Many
Awesome jacket and, as always, a great review! My favorite civilian jacket by ELC and definitely near the top of my wish list.

HPA Rep

Vendor
Awesome jacket and, as always, a great review! My favorite civilian jacket by ELC and definitely near the top of my wish list.

Thanks, Rick. I keep looking at these on the rack and feel myself getting pulled further in, which is a constant side effect of working here.:eeek:

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Eastman seemed to have extended the body length of this kind of civilian flight jacket. I have a few Sears and Windwwards and so on, they are all very short in the body, probably 'cause the pants were higher.

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
I've been wearing mine since early February...easily one of the nicest jackets I own...I will never part with this or my fqhh highwayman......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner