Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastman Roadstar Horsehide Motorcycle jacket Sz. 44

slundin

New in Town
This item is currently listed on Ebay:

A rare and highly desirable 100% veg-tanned Italian horsehide jacket from the famous Eastman leather motorcycle and flying jacket makers of the UK. I purchased this jacket personally from Gary Eastman, president of the company, who I had interviewed for a magazine article. At the time (around 2000) Eastman was no longer making the jacket, so he had one made up for me to my specifications, with a quilted rayon liner. The current version is plaid wool lined. He did not have any horsehide labels left and sewed a label from their now discontinued steerhide version. You can find the current version here - it sells for $1279, without shipping to the US: http://www.eastmanleather.com/product_info.php?products_id=230

This jacket is one of many that I wore - it was never used heavily, never wet, leather treated with Lexol and is from a non smoking house. It is in excellent condition, missing leather pull tag on the main talon zipper and the right arm sleeve zipper. Fits snug, just like the Buco it was designed to emulate.

Specs:
Top of sleeve to bottom: 34
Bottom of collar to base of back: 25

All zippers work perfectly, couple of scuffs from wearing and attempting to break in. These jackets appear infrequently on Ebay - treat yourself this Christmas to a rare Eastman horsehide jacket.

Here is a link to the auction - opening bid of $900: http://www.ebay.com/itm/141121441086?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

Can't get this one off your hands mate as the import taxes wouldn't make it worthwhile, but I just LOVE looking at different photos of this jacket. Of all the Perfecto-styled motorcycle jackets still made today that I've had a pleasure of handling, this one was by far my favorite! HH this jacket is made of perhaps ain't as thick as the stuff the other top brands are using, but there's something about this jacket that made me fall in love with it right away. Now, I'm no expert but the way it's cut, how it fits, how it looks and most importantly, 'feels', this jacket is in my opinion the only jacket available at the market right now that's made exactly as they used to be back in the days - just check out those excellent, roomy sleeves - and this shows! Looks incredible and feels even better wearing it. Could justify spending this much on one when I had a chance, but once I get rich and all, this one's at no.1 on my list. Good luck with the sale!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner