Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eBay Aero, Thanks and Questions

gtie

New in Town
Thanks for all of the info on this board. It was a great help researching my jacket purchase. I was able to buy a modified Highwayman off of eBay that was almost exactly what I would have ordered directly.

A few questions:

There is green tarnish on one of snaps on the G-1 pockets. What is the best way to remove the tarnish without damaging the leather?

What is the explanation for the different Aero labels? I've seen at least two variations of the main label on various jackets for sale.
2266372625_3b90f1e023_o.jpg

2267160154_64ce80fe3b_o.jpg

How do you wear the waist strap and buckle? Is there a "standard" method?

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
Vinegar. Both are standard Aero labels.

Alan
gtie said:
Thanks for all of the info on this board. It was a great help researching my jacket purchase. I was able to buy a modified Highwayman off of eBay that was almost exactly what I would have ordered directly.

A few questions:

There is green tarnish on one of snaps on the G-1 pockets. What is the best way to remove the tarnish without damaging the leather?

What is the explanation for the different Aero labels? I've seen at least two variations of the main label on various jackets for sale.
2266372625_3b90f1e023_o.jpg

2267160154_64ce80fe3b_o.jpg

How do you wear the waist strap and buckle? Is there a "standard" method?

gtie

New in Town
Thanks for the vinegar suggestion.

So both labels are used interchangeably on new jackets? If I ordered a jacket from Aero today, which label would the jacket have?

Alan Eardley said:
Vinegar. Both are standard Aero labels.

Alan

DJS Press

One of the Regulars
I bought a Highwayman in Feb. '06 and a Long Half Belt in Nov. '06 and both had the colorful label. As I understand it, this is the label that they have put in all new jackets (military aside) for the past couple of years, anyway.

Of course, if they still have the old ones they would probably put it in for you, since they're so accommodating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner