Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

fedorafiend

Familiar Face
Jeff, I had missed this post--sorry. I will definitely stop in. I've been meaning to come in on a Friday to drop off a couple of hats for new ribbons and sweatbands. I've talked to the owner a few times but he really didn't seem interested in renovations; he sounds like it's almost an inconvenience. I just sent an old Stetson 7xCB to Oklahoma for refurbishing because of this impression. Maybe I just misread him.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Won it by 0.78

PORTSOR.jpg

Portis Beaver Blend OR. Sorry if I sniped any of ya'll.

Plus it comes w/ a beaut of a hitched horsehair band! :D

(-my reward to self for getting a "merit" raise... you sure can tell it's an election year, eh?) shhhhhhhh

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Nice thin ribbon hats, Rick and Neo - looks like good deals as well.

Makes a nice change to see hats like these from other than Stetson or Resistol (I've not seen a Joicy before), I'm sure you'll both enjoy wearing them.

Ande1964

Practically Family
Well, I screwed up. On an impulse the other day, I threw a bid at this Stetson Suede Finish. I own one like it, and wanted to acquire another. Unfortunately, the size in the item description is what stuck with me... not that fact that the seller was actually referring the measurement (front to back) of the hat's opening.

So, I could maybe argue about the misleading title and try to back out of the deal. That's not my style, though. I made a mistake in not reading the description carefully enough. I will go ahead and pay for this thing. It's going to be too small for me. I'll probably keep the box and flip the hat. You gentlemen with smaller heads should keep an eye out. The suede finish Stetsons are freaking amazing. I'll keep you posted.

Anj

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Well, I screwed up. On an impulse the other day, I threw a bid at this Stetson Suede Finish. I own one like it, and wanted to acquire another. Unfortunately, the size in the item description is what stuck with me... not that fact that the seller was actually referring the measurement (front to back) of the hat's opening.
So, I could maybe argue about the misleading title and try to back out of the deal. That's not my style, though. I made a mistake in not reading the description carefully enough. I will go ahead and pay for this thing. It's going to be too small for me. I'll probably keep the box and flip the hat. You gentlemen with smaller heads should keep an eye out. The suede finish Stetsons are freaking amazing. I'll keep you posted.

Anj

Hate when that happens. Agree with Randall Anj, you'll probably come out fine eventually.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Anj, what size will the Stetson Suede Finish probably be? I like the color and narrower ribbon, and am a size 7, 56 cm or so. (I'd send you a pm, but your mailbox is full!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters