Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Lotsahats

One Too Many
I watched that one go from $137 to $310 in one second. New record. I'm with you, Matt: those stains scared me off.

A

ccorsair

One of the Regulars
Hats that I think will got high i just watch but won a few I thought would gone higher but didn't. That one seller asking $1200 it going to be waiting a wile to sell it.. At best some one who has the bucks will drop the cash.. Not me.. no way.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Old fuzzy topper went for respectable amount. Ebay link

nieukirk_topper_1.jpg

nieukirk_topper_2.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I believe that one might actually be a real beaver topper and not silk. The wide flat brim, tall straight crown and beaver felt make me think its pre 1840's

I had it in my sights, had it had a sweatband I might have acted foolishly. Definitely beaver. I posted some photos of similar examples from the Genesee country museum... can't find them now.

buler

I'll Lock Up
That's a GREAT reference! I have never seen that pic before. I love those early silver/gray longhair top hats. They are spectacular.

Then you need to get a copy of the book, "We Crown Them All: An Illustrated History of Danbury", by William Devlin. Good stuff!

B

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beautiful-V...BG3YqABmsoWxT7nrx0ASY%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Not sure if this is the right way for a link on an eBay sale...but as I have been attempting to save for another custom hat from TonyB for Daniel, and as I am addicted to peeking at everything on eBay, this was up for grabs and I was lucky enough to grab it. As I started to bid before winning, I found the seller is a fellow lounger and it made everything that much more of a sweet deal and buying experience! This Resistol was just a hat I could not resist from winning a bid on. The over all condition is about NOS, and I was able to get a nice black Resistol hat box also from MiamiBruno. He packed the hat and doubled up the boxing so it was all safe and proper when it arrived. I will take some pictures later and post a few here and the Resistol thread. One nice thing also about the hat...the silverbelly color is great for what I am planning to do...this will be a wide ribbon when I am done with it. I purchased some french grey 2 inch vintage ribbon which should just work out perfect to match the hat.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beautiful-V...BG3YqABmsoWxT7nrx0ASY%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Not sure if this is the right way for a link on an eBay sale...but as I have been attempting to save for another custom hat from TonyB for Daniel, and as I am addicted to peeking at everything on eBay, this was up for grabs and I was lucky enough to grab it. As I started to bid before winning, I found the seller is a fellow lounger and it made everything that much more of a sweet deal and buying experience! This Resistol was just a hat I could not resist from winning a bid on. The over all condition is about NOS, and I was able to get a nice black Resistol hat box also from MiamiBruno. He packed the hat and doubled up the boxing so it was all safe and proper when it arrived. I will take some pictures later and post a few here and the Resistol thread. One nice thing also about the hat...the silverbelly color is great for what I am planning to do...this will be a wide ribbon when I am done with it. I purchased some french grey 2 inch vintage ribbon which should just work out perfect to match the hat.

Great looking hat. I have a couple Resistols and they are awesome. Yours looks new. MB has some great looking hats on ebay and he starts the bids at very reasonable prices. It will look great with a wide ribbon, I did that to one of mine too.

fedoralover

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy