Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

This stuff drives me nuts. I sold a pair of custom made boots on the bay earlier this year which were full kangaroo, at well below their value. The buyer attempted a return saying they were nice boots but since they were made of goat, he would not accept them. Kinda like trying to pass off a Stacey Adams hat as an Adam to you guys. These boots were essentially NIB with the mod. numbers and material numbers still visible on the box.

I argued the case of course but the bay will always first side with the buyer. I contacted the maker who sent me an an email about the boots materials which I forwarded to the buyer and the bay as well. The buyer never relented and the bay never responded after a number of messages. I finally sent the buyer a message stating that the bay may initially side with him but I would use all resources available to me to insure he paid for the boots. He did after about two weeks. Probably not worth my trouble but it angered me so much that he would infer that I was cheating him. The best part was his "ok boots" review.

40Cal

One Too Many
40 CAL,
Does Ebay still have the second chance option? You can offer it to the second highest bidder for his/her highest bid. Only works if you are happy with that bid amount.
They do. I have sent the offer. Only problem is the second highest bidder probably didn't want to pay as much as his highest bid. Ebay only allows me to offer him a BIN for that amount. He may buy it. You never know.

DanO

One of the Regulars
They do. I have sent the offer. Only problem is the second highest bidder probably didn't want to pay as much as his highest bid. Ebay only allows me to offer him a BIN for that amount. He may buy it. You never know.
He should BIN, that is why you never bid more than you are willing to pay. I myself have bid on items that I figured I would never get and woke up the next morning and won it.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart