Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Fantastic looking hat. As far as I know the English manufacturers usually did not make velour hats themselves. Hatbodies were mostly imported from Austria or Germany. The style was not very popular in England it seems. Nice find (again).
Austrian Velours were prized in England. I actually came across a government study where they couldn't understand why the English Hat Companies couldn't match the Austrian Velours from Czechoslovakia. I tried to find the document online again but wasn't successful.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Unsure of age

e04e996c62436fe94b6939f94467c88f.jpg
e1112a5cd1b00cf2ea705d01989fd58f.jpg
2b5335d5b484731497ce035b197b3075.jpg
ee5fef2a81f524864930508c1f62138b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

It will, Jack. As long as there's not debilitating damage (holes, etc.), they are all recoverable. Hope the sweat's in good shape for you.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
I know that Jim, that's why I was wondering what prompted the negative comment.

Reminds me of the joke about the rookie Outdoor Sales Rep who came into the office at the end of the day to tell his boss, "I made 10 sales calls today. I could have made 1 or 2 more but some Buyer asked me a question!"

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
I know that Jim, that's why I was wondering what prompted the negative comment.

Reminds me of the joke about the rookie Outdoor Sales Rep who came into the office at the end of the day to tell his boss, "I made 10 sales calls today. I could have made 1 or 2 more but some Buyer asked me a question!"
I don't think Mike was making a negative comment at all Jack. He is one of the best on here at always writing positive comments for folks and being about as upbeat as a gentleman can be. He merely said that because you mentioned a Naptha bath and meant he hopes after the bath it all turns out perfect and exactly as you hoped. I too agree with Mike's assessment, it sure is one sweetie of a hat!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I didn't see anything negative either Jack ... it is indeed and interesting hat and I too hope that it comes back to the glory it once held

that thing is going to look great on you ... and if it needs a sweat ... no sweat ... that is the easiest thing to replace ... boom!!!

keep us posted on that beauty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21