Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
I really want a Knox Homburg (like a 20) (or is that Mallory?
View attachment 81088 View attachment 81089 which seems to have a bit of a bigger brim, you kno sorta like this. I believe one of our guys owns it.
Very sharp looking!! That would be a fantastic one! I stumbled across this the other day Bob. http://m.ebay.com/itm/STETSON-ROYAL-DE-LUXE-ST-REGIS-GREY-FEDORA-HAT-SIZE-7-1-4-/352121115391?hash=item51fc0dd2ff:g:R~IAAOSw3YJZUlT7&_trkparms=pageci%3A862a999a-78d7-11e7-b76b-74dbd180df6d%7Cparentrq%3Aabc3097715d0aa417016994affffe996%7Ciid%3A2

I've been eyeballing this one, wondering about the condition. Probably could use a spruce up, but it fills my need for a gray St. Regis. I'll let Bob have it out of courtesy if he is really serious.
Red....it does not look bad at all.............I know they always look better in the pictures but....this one looks nice....looks early 50's......check the crest.....I would go for it.....now if only to find such a hat in MY Size.....:(
M

Red....it does not look bad at all.............I know they always look better in the pictures but....this one looks nice....looks early 50's......check the crest.....I would go for it.....now if only to find such a hat in MY Size.....:(
M
Well, I pulled the trigger, should be here in a while. I shot the seller a lower offer and he countered. I figured with free shipping I was doing OK in the first place. It has the stars in both the sweat logo and liner tip. Can't wait to see what is under the sweat.
St Regis Liner EBay.jpg
St Regis Liner logo EBay.jpg
St Regis side EBay.jpg

This "completes" my homburg collection...yeah, I've hear these words before!

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Well, I pulled the trigger, should be here in a while. I shot the seller a lower offer and he countered. I figured with free shipping I was doing OK in the first place. It has the stars in both the sweat logo and liner tip. Can't wait to see what is under the sweat.
View attachment 81152 View attachment 81153 View attachment 81154
Verrrrrry nice!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

GOOD JOB!!! Cannot wait to see the pictures.......
I did not even see the free shipping...yes.....you did very well!;)
Cheers,
M

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Great score Mike
damn nice hat right there

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
Awesome news!!! Great score Mike! Glad you landed it, she is a beaut. :)

Good job, Mike! Glad you got it.

Short Rant of envy...inspired by MANY new listings.........I keep seeing some GREAT VINTAGE HATS in the smaller sizes.....very good prices.....some Whippets and Whippet Clones, ORs, strats and westwards.....and all manner of great hats....size 7 1/4 and smaller.......NONE in my size.....and when they do show....LOTS of $$$$$$$$. Yes, you smaller headed gentlemen have it made.....:mad:..:D...:(......though I suppose in a sort of inward reflection.....and the occasional "LOOK" from my wife when I do get another hat.....that my not finding more vintage hats gives me a little more closet space.......and a fatter wallet for other things....:rolleyes:...
Well, that is all for this short rant......;)
M

Short Rant of envy...inspired by MANY new listings.........I keep seeing some GREAT VINTAGE HATS in the smaller sizes.....very good prices.....some Whippets and Whippet Clones, ORs, strats and westwards.....and all manner of great hats....size 7 1/4 and smaller.......NONE in my size.....and when they do show....LOTS of $$$$$$$$. Yes, you smaller headed gentlemen have it made.....:mad:..:D...:(......though I suppose in a sort of inward reflection.....and the occasional "LOOK" from my wife when I do get another hat.....that my not finding more vintage hats gives me a little more closet space.......and a fatter wallet for other things....:rolleyes:...
Well, that is all for this short rant......;)
M
I too share your frustrations......my self talk tries to focus on the upside of not having sooo much temptation, sometimes it works and sometimes it don't!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy