Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
I guess the artist could have done worse...
The shot on the female mannequin head makes me think it would look better on a woman as a statement piece. Too bad they couldn't state it with an 80's Bailey.
At least there's not a BIN of like 3000 bucks for the "art"

I think I'll splatter paint all over a hat and sell it as a Jackson Pollack hat.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Reminds me of that Carlsbad that sold a while back
123e77b152ce09e442a59b1bc6e82428.jpg

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
I was outbid on a Stetson Gun Club (Dune in Acorn) that I really wanted but someone else wanted it more. I consoled myself with a brown Borsalino Genova where I was the only bidder.

The new in the box Gun Club I was outbid on:
e8002ef9496fc269b807ad05c2e6a3ed.jpg

My consolation Borsalino:

be565a512e6ac80535a6b689eaf2f09c.jpg

1a4310eec951e48bcaf21d5b0ebd432a.jpg

cdeedf5719c06cd705267f75a6857cc6.jpg

Took the sting out of losing the Stetson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry you lost out on the GC, but IMO your consolation IS the prize!

I was outbid on a Stetson Gun Club (Dune in Acorn) that I really wanted but someone else wanted it more. I consoled myself with a brown Borsalino Genova where I was the only bidder.

The new in the box Gun Club I was outbid on:
e8002ef9496fc269b807ad05c2e6a3ed.jpg

My consolation Borsalino:

be565a512e6ac80535a6b689eaf2f09c.jpg

1a4310eec951e48bcaf21d5b0ebd432a.jpg

cdeedf5719c06cd705267f75a6857cc6.jpg

Took the sting out of losing the Stetson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Saw both, wasn't interested, didn't bid.

I didn’t think I had a chance at the Borsalino but surprisingly no one else bid and it went for less than the modern Stetson. Go figure...although, part of that was the low quality photos the seller provided.
Whenever that happens to me I take it as a learning experience & ask myself what does everyone else know that I don't? Then I set out to figure out what that was.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I didn’t think I had a chance at the Borsalino but surprisingly no one else bid and it went for less than the modern Stetson. Go figure...although, part of that was the low quality photos the seller provided.
Perhaps 8 years ago we found a "Gun Club" hat on eBay that was a black thin ribbon (leather band with silver buckle) model was a Road Master. That hat was close to a Stratoliner and most likely from the late 1970's early 1980's. It eventually sold to another lounger and as always a few months later, it was greatly missed in the "hat herd". To date we have sold off about 150 or so clean vintage some that looked like never worn...Strats, Mallory, Dobbs, San Antonio's, etc., and now we are down to only several real vintage hats and a bunch of customs. Not sure how nice the real new hats like a Dune is like, but I think your Borso is the better of the two!

Whenever that happens to me I take it as a learning experience & ask myself what does everyone else know that I don't? Then I set out to figure out what that was.

I’ve got a couple gems that others passed on. No idea why no one else was interested. I’ve also been burned and ended up disappointed.

The Gun Club hats are typical of modern Stetson and not impressive, but I have one in sandstone that I like and if the price is right I’d like to get one in Acorn. I wasn’t interested enough to go high. The Borsa seller sent me an email with several photos that convinced me to take a chance on it, but the photos in the listing didn’t get me very interested either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav