Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The swans back finish was a water repellent

116.jpg

Just bought this one. I don't really know if Super-Lux Swan's Down Portises are rare, but it's the first one I've seen, and I really like the ribbon.
Besides, it was only 50 bucks.
P.S. If anyone asks about that dark rectangle at the back of the hat, I'll just say it's a military rank mark.

16f61c539e3a50a5b4271f4facb130f7.jpg
2a289a56fc75fe2f3120f6c6e488b97e.jpg
1453bb943ecd2080927618c8727057f5.jpg
0db68787a5c3991df4610afcac313d3f.jpg
829f0246eaefd440a5d7f0a3ca18e47f.jpg
fdaed4da5d40a2bdd307f7c57eea9f8e.jpg
f8c5a6a6681d2c7abceb45219497343b.jpg
3bf81e1c83af44e6b710d15e8beaeccc.jpg
73042d7f9e9deab5c4748c8c3c184fac.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
Nice looking hat, Max.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

RomanImperator

One of the Regulars
Just bought this one. I don't really know if Super-Lux Swan's Down Portises are rare, but it's the first one I've seen, and I really like the ribbon.
Besides, it was only 50 bucks.
P.S. If anyone asks about that dark rectangle at the back of the hat, I'll just say it's a military rank mark.

16f61c539e3a50a5b4271f4facb130f7.jpg
2a289a56fc75fe2f3120f6c6e488b97e.jpg
1453bb943ecd2080927618c8727057f5.jpg
0db68787a5c3991df4610afcac313d3f.jpg
829f0246eaefd440a5d7f0a3ca18e47f.jpg
fdaed4da5d40a2bdd307f7c57eea9f8e.jpg
f8c5a6a6681d2c7abceb45219497343b.jpg
3bf81e1c83af44e6b710d15e8beaeccc.jpg
73042d7f9e9deab5c4748c8c3c184fac.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
Saw that one, great looking hat. I've noticed you sure are on a roll lately! Number 1 competition on all sites, snatching up one great gem after the next!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Saw that one, great looking hat. I've noticed you sure are on a roll lately! Number 1 competition on all sites, snatching up one great gem after the next!

As long as Max doesn’t have a relapse and go after 7 5/8 to 7 3/4 hats all is fine in the hat universe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bill Hughes

As we all know, the best friend on the forum is an arch nemesis when hunting the often elusive fedora!

But, up to now there’s always been a sense of mutual respect, not every man for himself. But what do I know...

Charlie, there's a small group of us (3/8) size that occasionally pm the others to see if they're bidding on a particular hat of interest or may point a hat out to someone if they're looking for something in particular. It was one of the things that made this site enjoyable, along with preserving what is rare and unusual. Not so much, anymore.

But, up to now there’s always been a sense of mutual respect, not every man for himself. But what do I know...

Some of my nicest hats have been sold or traded to me by Lounge members. Sometimes when a nice vintage hat in my size comes up on eBay etc. I’ll get several PMs making sure I saw it. Occasionally I’m asked if I’m bidding on a hat so we don’t drive the price up for each other. I, of course, do the same for others. I don’t send out a constant barrage, but when I come across a nice hat in someone else’s size I reach out to those who might be interested. I also have several hats with cards with members names kept tucked under the sweatband to remind me if someone had asked to be remembered if I ever wanted to move a particular hat on.

One of my most prized hats is a a VS made from an old Mallory body that a generous Lounge member passed on to me not that long ago.

I think the camaraderie and respect can still be found with most members.

Just Daniel

One Too Many
I think everyone emails Brent when a 7 1/2 or larger shows up!!! At least those of us with smaller heads.

I try and send a note to Dr Max when a nice hat pops up, unless I want it too. Then I sneak back to Mexico and block his phone. Ha!

Daniel

Some of my nicest hats have been sold or traded to me by Lounge members. Sometimes when a nice vintage hat in my size comes up on eBay etc. I’ll get several PMs making sure I saw it. Occasionally I’m asked if I’m bidding on a hat so we don’t drive the price up for each other. I, of course, do the same for others. I don’t send out a constant barrage, but when I come across a nice hat in someone else’s size I reach out to those who might be interested. I also have several hats with cards with members names kept tucked under the sweatband to remind me if someone had asked to be remembered if I ever wanted to move a particular hat on.

One of my most prized hats is a a VS made from an old Mallory body that a generous Lounge member passed on to me not that long ago.

I think the camaraderie and respect can still be found with most members.

I think everyone emails Brent when a 7 1/2 or larger shows up!!! At least those of us with smaller heads.

I try and send a note to Dr Max when a nice hat pops up, unless I want it too. Then I sneak back to Mexico and block his phone. Ha!

Daniel

And I really appreciate it when you let me know about hats in my size. Thank you, my friend.

Bill Hughes

Daniel
I’ve had Max contact me to make sure I saw something on several occasions. I’ve done the same for others in the past. I think the respect is still present. But when I see something I want - I don’t broadcast the information.

Last edited:

Bill Hughes

Of course what I said I meant in jest!

I have not experienced that from any member. Sorry to read some are getting that vib. I’m not as active as many so I could very well be missing it.

Last edited:

Steinbockhase

Practically Family
BTW:
Who are the likely "forum competitors" on eBay.de (Germany)?
I know @mayserwegener and I have already hiked up the price on at least one hat; a German Stetson Stratoliner.
Every time I am defeated in an eBay auction, I check to see if the hat is posted here :)
Unfortunately even knowing your eBay names doesn't help much, because the competitors on eBay are masked and altered; so you really don't know who you are bidding against.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy