Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Just Daniel

One Too Many
Do not squish!

Here we go again... only two hats this time... but shoved into a flat envelope. At least they put a note... do not squish. I believe that is the technical term. And I am unclear if they said TO place heavy objects on top... or NOT to. Either way... as unnerving as it is... as usual nothing to worry about too much the quality of these 1960s-ish felts can handle it

View attachment 228438 View attachment 228437
View attachment 228442 View attachment 228440 View attachment 228441 View attachment 228439

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
LOL. About 5 years ago I bought a Charlie One Horse cowboy hat in absolute brand new condition and it its original box. Instead of putting it all in another box for shipping, they destroy the original box with all sorts of packing tape and labels and threw it in the mail that way. Totally ruined the box because it came dented and smashed up. But in the auction, the box was pristine.
Lol
Same for me except they wrapped the box in saran wrap. Not kidding. A pristine old Borsalino with a crispy crunchy box. It had that red and white “Fragile” crime scene looking tape all over it.
The hat did fine, the box not so much. Least it stayed dry!
B

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Nhttps://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/174254190997victory! I’ve been looking for a Harry Rolnick for a loooong time. said I was done for a while, unless...
Unless I found one of these. Seller said the brim was 2 3/8. In some pics it looks narrower, while in others, maybe. Wide enough, and I like the tall crown.
I like this shade of brown. Wouldn’t have bought it if the brown was any darker. Got plenty of brown fedoras.
I’ll yank out the feather and shape her up some and douse the sweat in conditioner. Dig the double bow.
The next statement goes out to @AbbaDatDeHat:
Finally got me a “triangler O” hat, Bowen!!

Now all I need is a Lee Trinity Blue block.
And an old Adam Executive.
Whippet, Hanover, another Templeform...
:)

Last edited:

SteveFord

A-List Customer
You know you're bored when you buy a hat that you need like a hole in the head but justify the purchase with it was only $25 plus shipping, I can spiff it up easily enough and if a bird poops on it I won't be totally distraught.
Then I come here and see that people are buying hats that they know won't fit them so I see that I'm not alone!
dobbsh.jpg

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Nhttps://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/174254190997victory! I’ve been looking for a Harry Rolnick for a loooong time. said I was done for a while, unless...
Unless I found one of these. Seller said the brim was 2 3/8. In some pics it looks narrower, while in others, maybe. Wide enough, and I like the tall crown.
I like this shade of brown. Wouldn’t have bought it if the brown was any darker. Got plenty of brown fedoras.
I’ll yank out the feather and shape her up some and douse the sweat in conditioner. Dig the double bow.

That’s a fine looking hat Randy.
A triangle O and 15 Kitten make for some fine pets!
Most excellent color as well.
B

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
You know you're bored when you buy a hat that you need like a hole in the head but justify the purchase with it was only $25 plus shipping, I can spiff it up easily enough and if a bird poops on it I won't be totally distraught.
Then I come here and see that people are buying hats that they know won't fit them so I see that I'm not alone!
View attachment 228587
Lol
Alone...no not at all Steve.
If we were all together and had to practice social distancing we’d stretch for miles.
B

georgie girl

One of the Regulars
Good idea. And again in this case.. I’m mostly just amused... I like to post these stories in that light.... but it is true also as a cautionary tale as I do know I’ve been pretty lucky so far to not have serious damage. Especially so with those two straws in the coffee carton a few weeks back. I’m convinced if it weren’t for the 3rd hat... that little Champ... the two straws where nested around. they would not have survived

Yowsa! At least with the 4 hats I've received in the mail they've put them in boxes, and the one in a hat boxed got doubled boxed. Of course I don't spend the big bucks usually on mine, but in a soft mailer... that's just crazy.

Reminds me of the time I bought a early mid-century ring, that had 3 single cut diamonds gypsy set, on ebay and the idiot sent it to me in a regular envelope. The letter roller fractured the diamonds on each side (but thankfully not the larger middle one) and when I told the seller about it he told me he thought diamonds were indestructible. If I hadn't gotten such a steal already I certainly would have returned it. I guess the moral of the story is there's always people out there that have no clue.

Yowsa! At least with the 4 hats I've received in the mail they've put them in boxes, and the one in a hat boxed got doubled boxed. Of course I don't spend the big bucks usually on mine, but in a soft mailer... that's just crazy.

Reminds me of the time I bought a early mid-century ring, that had 3 single cut diamonds gypsy set, on ebay and the idiot sent it to me in a regular envelope. The letter roller fractured the diamonds on each side (but thankfully not the larger middle one) and when I told the seller about it he told me he thought diamonds were indestructible. If I hadn't gotten such a steal already I certainly would have returned it. I guess the moral of the story is there's always people out there that have no clue.
Wow! Crazy

Beautiful hat Randall. Nice find. Congratulations my friend

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Well worth the effort to restore this one to its former glory. Beautiful hat, Joe!
I agree... thanks Brent. As it sits here in front of me I am seeing how thin and moldable the felt is. They call it California weight. The dimensions and trim are very similar to my dark blue Dunderry from last week. Probably quite a hat in its day. Especially from a middle level company from the middle of this country

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112