Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Not a hat, but a flange stand at a great price. Not sure I need two...

9BD1E7B8-3F6D-481B-B8D9-AB4A346623EA.jpeg
84E02107-125D-452B-86E6-947DE844E6F9.jpeg

My wife even likes old blocks, flanges, and the like as display pieces. She doesn’t care for it when my hats spill out into the house at large, but these old wood hatters tools fit in well with the decor in our living room. Blocks also make nice bookends.
I think we chose well when it came to wives! I have an antique leather hat box in the corner of the living room....my wife quite likes it. If I had any more room or even an entire spare room I would start collecting vintage hat making items....but I don't.

I think we chose well when it came to wives! I have an antique leather hat box in the corner of the living room....my wife quite likes it. If I had any more room or even an entire spare room I would start collecting vintage hat making items....but I don't.

Just the fact that she puts up with a guy that has over one hundred hats, half as many boxes, blocks, flanges, and assorted tchockies means I must've done something right. :D

J Williams

Practically Family
Yessir. I think that means it's a Biltmore?

Looking at the liner and sweatband it probably falls within the age of hats made at the Brockville hat factory in Ontario. Originally the Wolthausen Hat Corporation purchased by Stetson in 1935 and finally shut for business in 1970. I have two hats with that same aquanized logo both from the Brockville plant.

The Brockville 3X open road I have has really great thin but dense felt - better IMO than US 3X versions around the same period which leads me to believe they may have used a different felt source. Or perhaps at this time the US and Canadian factories did there own felting?

I posted some more substantial information on another thread but I'm not sure which one. It might have been the No. 1 Quality thread. If you can't find it and you are interested let me know I have a bunch of information compiled about it.

Regardless I think you will be very happy with the overall build quality and I look forward to seeing the details when you have it in hand!

Last edited:
Looking at the liner and sweatband it probably falls within the age of hats made at the Brockville hat factory in Ontario. Originally the Wolthausen Hat Corporation purchased by Stetson in 1935 and finally shut for business in 1970. I have two hats with that same aquanized logo both from the Brockville plant.

The Brockville 3X open road I have has really great thin but dense felt - better IMO than US 3X versions around the same period which leads me to believe they may have used a different felt source. Or perhaps at this time the US and Canadian factories did there own felting?

I posted some more substantial information on another thread but I'm not sure which one. It might have been the No. 1 Quality thread. If you can't find it and you are interested let me know I have a bunch of information compiled about it.

Regardless I think you will be very happy with the overall build quality and I look forward to seeing the details when you have it in hand!

Thanks for the info. More when I get it in-hand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21