Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Sure!
Obviously, the sweatband is made from 100% HIDE of beaver.
The felt is made of 100% shorn sheep.
The modern brand that made it is 100% Bull.
And the buyer is made to look like 100% ass!
:) :) :)

(No deliberate, mean accusations intended to any FL buyers)

Well said, Randall. I have a long tradition of making myself look like an ass, but I’m going to pass on this hat. Looks like old dogs can learn new tricks. :)

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Daniel! You think it’s early 40s? That’d be awesome!
What clues you to that? I was thinking late 40s early 50’s, but I’m no serious dating expert.
I’ll be sure to include some pics of the tags when she gets here...unless the sweatband ends up being too stiff to move around.

The gold size tag and perforated sweatband suggest c.1940. Might be a year or two on either side. It’s a handsome hat.

This NOS Miller Bros. caught my imagination and after a bit of haggling it’s on its way. It’s nothing special, but some hats just have something that makes me smile. The wide ribbon, wide brim binding, rolled brim, and the crease just looks like something I needed to own.

E1E67C8B-2C2B-436E-8EBC-B84585DAF7D1.jpeg
BE558D26-DC71-4630-9CE6-D227898FA592.jpeg
035447EF-CB38-4A6D-A589-818E95313D78.jpeg

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
This NOS Miller Bros. caught my imagination and after a bit of haggling it’s on its way. It’s nothing special, but some hats just have something that makes me smile. The wide ribbon, wide brim binding, rolled brim, and the crease just looks like something I needed to own.

View attachment 320349 View attachment 320350 View attachment 320351
Nothing special? I’d like to see the one you are enamored with!
That hat looks fantastic and bet it’ll look even better on your head.

Nothing special? I’d like to see the one you are enamored with!
That hat looks fantastic and bet it’ll look even better on your head.

Thanks, Randall. I guess I’m saying that it’s average quality modern felt. I do like the style and my black hats are seeing more use lately.

That does look right up your alley Brent

Thanks, Joe. My first thought when I saw it was it would be the perfect hat for cowboy funerals. Weird, right? A part of my job requires me to occasionally attend funerals/celebrations of life and most of the ranchers wear black hats, pressed dark jeans, a white oxford shirt, and cowboy boots. Maybe a quarter of them will wear a blazer or sport coat. I attended my first cowboy funeral in 2007 and I was the only one there in a suit.

Thanks, Randall. I guess I’m saying that it’s average quality modern felt. I do like the style and my black hats are seeing more use lately.

Thanks, Joe. My first thought when I saw it was it would be the perfect hat for cowboy funerals. Weird, right? A part of my job requires me to occasionally attend funerals/celebrations of life and most of the ranchers wear black hats, pressed dark jeans, a white oxford shirt, and cowboy boots. Maybe a quarter of them will wear a blazer or sport coat. I attended my first cowboy funeral in 2007 and I was the only one there in a suit.
I get it Brent... I can see that.

and you there in the suit... oh the Feds are here :)

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up

Scooterz

Practically Family

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran