Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

buler

I'll Lock Up
Yes, the Disney.

Plus, you have to wait for 4 business days to elapse before you can offer it to the other high bidders.

Again, I don't get what these people (I've had this happen before) get out of doing this. Plus, almost every hat auction I have now gets cancelled bids. They always just put "typed wrong amount" as the reason.

StoryPNW

Practically Family
I just bid on a hat recently that got run up towards the end, I ended up backing out but it came back up a few hours later. The seller said the buyer was international and they wouldn't ship internationally, so hopefully this time around I'll have a better result.

Louis Mountbatten

One of the Regulars
Chalk this one up under gripes. My most recent auction winner has turned out to be a non-payer. Very frustrating. It seems that after being a high bidder, all you have to do is ignore all invoices/requests for payment.

What does eBay do? The give the account a "strike" (whatever that really means).

What, as a seller, can you do? Not much. I did find a setting that you may want to change in your ebay account if you do any selling. It's under My ebay>Selling>Selling preferences>Your Buyers>Blocked buyers list.
Once there, look under the Buyer Requirements section and you can block buyers who have committed 2 (they don't have 1 as a choice) nonpayments in the last 12 months (1 and 6 months are also choices). I'd like 1 nonpayment to be a choice.

At least this should stop habitual nonpayers from bidding and winning your auctions.

I don't really understand why you would bid on something with no intention of paying. Unless you are "drunk bidding" or have some personality disorder.

Hope this helps someone not go thru the stress of this situation.

I have had that happen several times. And, yes, I do go in and block those buyers. But it hasn't happened a lot. I have also had sellers refuse to honor a final bid, too. Happened just last week. I was the final bidder, but the seller emails me and says he wants more or he won't sell it. Naturally, I refused to give more. But it took two weeks to get it all settled before I could leave bad feedback to him.

StoryPNW

Practically Family
After looking for what feels like a long time, I finally found a Playboy! I paid a premium for it, but I can't wait for it to be here.
Screenshot_20230122-171052_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20230122-171142_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20230122-171348_eBay.jpg

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
NOS 7XCB today!

Looks to be an early 50s model judging from the onion skin tip.
Paid more for it than the mid fifties 7 3/8 one I got a month ago, but this’n has no moth holes and is completely mint with original box, so maybe I did okay.
I can’t figure out why folks sometimes list the wrong size when it’s fraction size is on the tag.
7 1/4 LO is right enough for my egg head.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2851285592...can0sdqtpg&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

1675225722374.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff