Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I hope so. At minimum, I'm thinking, if those 2 guys fight over it, I'll end up with $76. At best, there are more collectors who want this item who will join in the fight. I added the little info. I could find on the manufacturer, as well as the requests for a BIN to the auction in hopes of getting them to war with each other.

I think it's funny that I bought these around 8 months ago, with the intention of wearing them. They were too small for me, so they've just been sitting in my closet with the pile of stuff that I'd sell on ebay "eventually". I'm glad I didn't rip the tag off.

rrog

A-List Customer
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=310063472982&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=021

Here's my most recent purchase from eBay (actually, only my 3rd). It's a really nice-looking hat, but the description says 7 1/4 and the tag on the inside of the hat says 7 1/2. I was so excited about getting it that I didn't even notice it. I thought it was big, but I'm sort of on the small side of 7 1/4. So I got a hanky and folded it up and put under the sweat band. That should have been my first clue. My wife just came home and looked inside and immediately saw that it's a 7 1/2. I should probably ask for a refund but the seller's description says they don't refund shipping, which is $15!

On the plus side, it's a great color and the brim is very stiff.

Rick

I gotta quit looking on eBay again. Just found this one, at BIN, half price for limited time. $12. Quite early, i think. I fell in love with the bow, and couldn't pass it by. Society Club brand; anyone know of them?

bj040108-70.jpg

bj040108-70a.jpg

bk

GWD

One Too Many
lol Just won this baby!

e3c6_1.JPG

Waiting for the real shipping price, but even if it's the same amount it's less than most of these things go for, which is a plus!

Looks like I can stretch up to a 12" Crown! lol

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
GWD said:
lol Just won this baby!

e3c6_1.JPG

Waiting for the real shipping price, but even if it's the same amount it's less than most of these things go for, which is a plus!

You're going to love what you can do with that thing. I've had mine for a little more than 6 months. Paid a lot more for mine! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
GWD said:
lol Just won this baby!

e3c6_1.JPG

Well done! I was watching that too. I am glad you got it! :eusa_clap

GWD

One Too Many
Thanks guys, just got the real shipping price $34.20! Plus $1.70 for insurance.

$78.29 out the door. I couldn't be happier!

What do you have in mind mrmdaddy?

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Dumbjaw said:
Check out this oddness. A Stetson Open Road 7 1/4 LO that ended not too long ago. Looks fine. Well, this Stetson Open Road 7 5/8 LO from a different seller with no feedback just ended a minute ago. Look similar? How about the text? Once I realized it, I stopped planning to bid on it.
Tango Yankee said:
I was watching the 7 1/4LO one, but didn't see the other. Once you realized it, did you report it? Hopefully the buyer hasn't paid anything yet. I suppose it's possible the seller just "borrowed" the photos and copy to save himself some time and hassle and really has a similar hat for sale, but I think that's a long shot.

The buyer has received the hat. It turned out to be dirty and stained. The seller offered a 50% discount when confronted about it, so the buyer accepted and is sending it and another hat to Optimo for cleaning.

The buyer seems like a nice guy. I don't know if he's been by the Lounge, but if not he's been invited to stop by!

Cheers,
Tom

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow......

GWD said:
lol Just won this baby!

e3c6_1.JPG

You didn't Win.....you Stole it! :D

Nice Scoop. :eusa_clap

GWD

One Too Many
Thanks Bolt! Yeah! I don't know why either, I only bid $50.00 for it thinking I wasn't going to get it. I think the high shipping price scared the bidders away.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Another problem

Where did my photos go?:( :mad: :rage: :eusa_doh:
I'm using Auctiva as my auction template service and all of my photos have disappeared from Auctiva, and therefore, from my auctions. I have 3 that end in a few hours, so I don't know what to do.
The images are still on photobucket and have not been moved around, renamed, or otherwise messed with. In fact, they still work fine here on the Lounge. Take a look for yourself, in the off chance that you can see them and I can't.

What should I do? I don't want to pull the auctions, but I don't want to lose out on bidders who won't bid without a photo.

Any help would be appreciated.

I guess I'm not the only one getting screwed by Auctiva.
http://answercenter.ebay.com/thread.jspa?threadID=900145151&forumID=15&start=0
http://community.auctiva.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1081020411/m/4861052292
http://status.aws.amazon.com/

Alucard73

One of the Regulars
Yea, I just bought a hat with no pictures. I would link ya'll to it but it would not do any good. I hope it is a nice hat. At least I know it is in my size. (Actually I did see it a few days ago and if memory serves, it was a nice James Lock & Co/Brooks Brothers hat. What say you Lefty?)

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Yep, you just bought it from me and I've emailed you that I received your payment and the hat will ship tomorrow morning from my local ups store.
I hope you like it. :)

I really hit the worst part of this photo problem. According to the latest update by the Amazon people, the pics should be back up within an hour. Apparently, though, I don't have it nearly as bad as some of the people chatting on the Auctiva forum, many of whom have more than a hundred items ending today. :mad:

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Here are the auction photos of the hat, which are the same photos that I've posted on the Lounge on a few spots.
2533750863_1b429f74f3.jpg

2533755177_cb6678b764.jpg

2534568110_00ee6477ae.jpg

2534563632_b62385e0e9.jpg

2533746147_ec9d5dc575.jpg

2534559600_2ee82c818d.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Just to stick the knife in me, within minutes after my 3 auctions ended, the photos in my auctions are all restored. The only thing not yet working is that scrolling auctiva bar. Oh well.

It looks like both of my hats and the 4 issues of Classic Style have gone to fellow Loungers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL