Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Here's a photo of a really expensive hat.
It'll run you $2500 for this one...
34aa_1.JPG

or not.

5b1c_1.JPG

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
Defeat:

Was this anyone here?

9e8d_1.JPG

It's a black Beaver Brand that was listed as an "Amish Mennonite" hat. $30 wouldn't make or break my financial portfolio, but I didn't want to go any higher than that for it (for the sake of continued marital bliss. I don't, after all, need another black hat).

Just curious ...

Lon Goval

Familiar Face
Not Sniped

I'll confess, I won this hat. A little bit of a bidding war, but at least it wasn't sniped as so many of the hats I've been trying to get. I've been trying to get a few hats with bound brims over 2 1/2 inches.

I stumbled across this by wading through the various hat categories. That's the way you learn of all the mis-spellings in the title listings. Takes a bit of my time, but I have more time than money.

Ralph

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I've never seen the Stetson liner logo done like this before. That logo, combined with the color of the sweatband, and the frayed bow edge treatment make me think this is an earlier hat. So what do you think?

TM-HAT_1.jpg

TM-HAT_2.jpg

TM-HAT.jpg

Magus

Practically Family
Dinerman said:
I've never seen the Stetson liner logo done like this before. That logo, combined with the color of the sweatband, and the frayed bow edge treatment make me think this is an earlier hat. So what do you think?

TM-HAT_1.jpg

TM-HAT_2.jpg

TM-HAT.jpg

I think it might be the Stetson thats not a Stetson. Not sure of the specifics but there is a company that made hats with the name that is a totally different co.

Great hat by the way...just a little moisture and work and you should be in good shape
M

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
You mean Stephen Stetson?

The liner reads "John B. Stetson", and that is the stetson crest, I've just never seen it done color like that with that kind of surround

Stan

A-List Customer
Here's an oddball

Hi,

I won this on eBay, and it arrived yesterday:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=220276346802

It's an Open Road style, and the crown was actually reshaped when I pulled it out of the box. Why in heck didn't the seller do that *before* taking the auction photos? Not that I'm complaining, mind you. That fact probably resulted in my getting quite a deal here. :)

It's a nice Silverbelly in the older grey shade (as opposed to the more modern light tan shade). The felt and workmanship is equivalent to the older Stetson Open Roads and Resistol San Antonios I have.

I don't think it's been worn much, if at all. I just got a brand-new hat for $20 from the look of it. Don't you just love it when that happens?? :D

It's a decidely off-brand, though: Tanbark Mfg. Co., Denver Colo. according to the stamp on the sweatband. Time to do a little digging with search engines and see what I can dig up on them.

Edit:

Well, that didn't work out. Lots of references to Tanbark Oak trees, but nothing on a company by that name in Denver. Anyone out there have some info on them??

Later!

Stan

carter

I'll Lock Up
Lon Goval said:
I'll confess, I won this hat. A little bit of a bidding war, but at least it wasn't sniped as so many of the hats I've been trying to get. I've been trying to get a few hats with bound brims over 2 1/2 inches.

I stumbled across this by wading through the various hat categories. That's the way you learn of all the mis-spellings in the title listings. Takes a bit of my time, but I have more time than money.

Ralph

I'd say you got a very good deal on a Beaver Brand hat, especially in a bidding war. Well, at least a skirmish. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
Lon,
I'm glad it was someone here on the other end. I was interested for the bound brim also, but wasn't as excited about it as you... My wife was glaring at me anyway, so, being the ultra sensitive husband that I am, I picked up on that subtle hint and knew to stop when I did ;)

Congrats! Let me know how it looks
Jacob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran