Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
1933 Apparel Arts for $203.50. I tossed in a bid of 201 with hopes of flipping it. Based upon the sale price of my later copy, the buyer here got a good deal.
192c_1.JPG

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Did anyone here get the Adam with the crazy "ribbon"? It's the same buyer who got that great clear beaver from a former Stetson employee. I was feedback stalking the buyer and love his taste in hats.
9b22_1.JPG

carter

I'll Lock Up
So many fedoras. So little money.

Levallois said:
Ok, what was wrong with this one? It's an Imperial Stetson so I thought it would go for HUGE money. Did I miss something about it that is should of sent up a red flag?

John

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160286346952

A poor listing by the seller. I sent them the correction that it was fur felt not wool. Nice hat. You'll be happy with this one.

carter

I'll Lock Up
You may find that you like the look.

Some days you feel like a pork pie, some days you don't.

I never thought I'd like a pork pie but now that's the only way I wear my Stetson Continental.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
GWD said:
Looks like Bolthead bashed that one!

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I tried for it. :D

carter said:
Some days you feel like a pork pie, some days you don't.

I never thought I'd like a pork pie but now that's the only way I wear my Stetson Continental.

The porkpie style is starting to grow on me. I'm a big brim/tall crown man but you're right, every once in a while you just have to go with a porkpie. Might as well get one.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
carter said:
I thinking you may be correct. Tiny head on that rider. Hmmm...

Is there a type of riding dress that uses bowlers. I know that top hats are one, and then the black helmets with visor that may be evolved from derbys or bowlers. Does the term derby come from horse racing, btw? The name of the style "The Chase" would certainly suggest a riding hat.

If it is a riding hat, it may have a stiff inside that acts as a bit of a helmet, and if it is a riding hat, well, who rides a lot? Young girls. You often find riding helmets in small sizes.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
A small derby, according to wikipedia (which we know is always right) and some other sites that have no citations, when worn at an angle is typically referred to as a "gruff hat" or "pickle hat". Really? Typically?

On a different note, did any of our pin heads get this OR?
bf38_12.JPG

eda8_12.JPG

d7ab_12.JPG

just_me

Practically Family
reetpleat said:
Is there a type of riding dress that uses bowlers. I know that top hats are one, and then the black helmets with visor that may be evolved from derbys or bowlers. Does the term derby come from horse racing, btw? The name of the style "The Chase" would certainly suggest a riding hat.
Hi. Derbys are still sometimes worn in the hunt field with a hat cord. Because they're not really helmets and don't protect the head in a fall, many people don't wear them anymore and opt for a helmet in the hunt cap style.

This is my first post here. Hope it's ok.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran