Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I got lucky!

I just posted this on the Open Road Guild thread, but I thought I'd put it here, too. Here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=120308633472
What amazes me is that the words Open Road were not noticed by the seller or any other bidder.
OpenRoad.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up

mannySpaghetti

One of the Regulars
mannySpaghetti said:

"click" the pic to see the auction page. I'm sure glad the seller listed it
incorrectly. He'd have got way more "hits" and likely way more dough
had he done it right. Whew!

I know I've already posted my nice score, but cruising for my size again, I came across another Mallory Homburg that's exactly like mine, but black, going for $80 at this point, so that makes my victory even that much sweeter!

Edit: Active auction link removed. Please do not post links to active auctions. --AlanC

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
dhermann1 said:
What amazes me is that the words Open Road were not noticed by the seller or any other bidder.

I'd hardly let that surprise me... I found my OR the same way. It was bashed like a traditional OR, and clearly said "Royal Deluxe Stetson Open Road," but it came in a Champ box, so the seller labeled it as a Champ hat.

Great find! :eusa_clap

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ok, Who Stole This One...?

Wow....somebody was very fortunate to walk away with this dandy....Dobbs Forty.....What a Steal!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I realize it's a Resistol box, that's kind of a bummer, but look at the shape it's in for that price.....I know, I know, the size....look at the size, regardless of the size.....it was a steal in my opinion. The sweat and liner look like new. I wish I had seen it earlier.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
bolthead said:
Wow....somebody was very fortunate to walk away with this dandy....Dobbs Forty.....What a Steal!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I realize it's a Resistol box, that's kind of a bummer, but look at the shape it's in for that price.....I know, I know, the size....look at the size, regardless of the size.....it was a steal in my opinion. The sweat and liner look like new. I wish I had seen it earlier.

$13? That's less than it originally went for. Dang, someone stole that hat.

carter

I'll Lock Up
thunderw21 said:
$13? That's less than it originally went for. Dang, someone stole that hat.
180363081_tp.jpg
Winning bid: US $13.15
bolthead said:
Yeah......$27 less. :eusa_doh:
180363027_tp.jpg

My abacus may be on the fritz but I believe the difference between the winning bid and the original price is ($20.00-$13.15=$6.85). Taking inflation into account the difference could well be in excess of $20.00 I suppose. ;)

randooch

I'll Lock Up
bidding up up up

can anyone assure me that there is some mechanism in place on the bay to prevent say, one's squeeze, from driving a price up with phony bids? maybe i'm being too cynical, but . . .

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart