Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
rlk said:
!Bw+(KlQEGk~$(KGrHqIOKj!EwRKUcPseBMLgQRth+Q~~_12.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...sPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:1123#ht_500wt_1154
Why was I the winning bidder(low token bid)?

from the seller:
4776990027_27c91065e1.jpg
4776988955_22099b48be.jpg

Color is uncertain-described as bluish-gray.

Robert -- Have you, too, now been confronted with the blueberry/chickpea conundrum?

:D :D :D

HosManHatter

One of the Regulars
I just purchased this vintage 1940`s Champ straw fedora on a "buy it now" listing and it should arrive by the end of this week. What do you guys think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220633026541

For just a little bit more than I`d pay at a retail store like Kohl`s or Target, I`m getting a vintage straw in "like new" condition. Will post pics when she arrives.

HMH

p.s. Can`t seem to find the model/style name of hat.Here`s what the tag shows: COLOR: CASTLE GREY
LOT/CROWN: CENTERDENT
BRIM: 2"
#15014 (style?)

dwebber18

One of the Regulars
Cane Rod Maker said:
For the money, heck,, why not. You like it.....wear it in good health. Nice lid. Welcome to the addiction....
CRM
Yeah I think it will probably be a decent hat, even if its not great, might make a good caught in the rain hat.

Yeps,

The hat you're referring to looks like a 70's or 80's Gambler style hat. Not
a bad hat for the style but it does look pretty dirty. Folks who like more vintage hats tend to pay more the older they are (hats). Alot of us grew up in the 70's and 80's so we don't consider that vintage.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
rlk said:
4788968552_4fd18b3014_b.jpg

Won by the same bidder that nabbed two of the Hat Life Magazines last month.
I am so jealous of the hats you guys with small heads can buy. ;)

carouselvic said:
I'm not believing the 40's date. Maybe 60's.
I was about to guess 70s. No chance that paper tag inside would be
seen on a hat before the 60s. And that sweat looks like it's seen
a fair amount of use.

That said, it's a nice hat with an outstanding pugaree, at
a fair price.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
hatophile said:
Yeps,

The hat you're referring to looks like a 70's or 80's Gambler style hat. Not
a bad hat for the style but it does look pretty dirty. Folks who like more vintage hats tend to pay more the older they are (hats). Alot of us grew up in the 70's and 80's so we don't consider that vintage.

Thanks, so something like that wouldn't reshape very well? I am guessing that it is thick stiff felt like most westerns.

jdbenson

One of the Regulars
New Champ

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310230012366&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I went home for lunch today and found that hat waiting on my doorstep. It's the first Champ I've owned and the felt is comprable to my late 50s Stetson. The lining and sweat band make the hat look like it was never worn, but the crown is soft and has been in a lopsided bash for so long, it doesn't want to do much of anything else. I misted it well with some distilled water and put it on my block to dry...we'll see if I can wrangle it to my will this evening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred