Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
rlk said:
Unusually quiet here
Habig:
!B194Zs!!mk~$(KGrHqYOKjQE)UfLJHN+BMgo(pBj3Q~~_12.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.at/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:AT:1123#ht_500wt_1154

Boy that is a nice hat. Great ribbon.

danofarlington

mayserwegener said:
I was going to bid on that one but I couldn't justify another gray Homburg :).
Billyspew is the guy who looks the best in homburgs of all the mugs whose mugs are plastered on this website. So for him, a number of them might pay off. For others, maybe one is enough. I haven't seen one on you, mayserwegener, though. If you have the nerve to wear them, as I think you do, maybe several are worthwhile.

danofarlington said:
Billyspew is the guy who looks the best in homburgs of all the mugs whose mugs are plastered on this website. So for him, a number of them might pay off. For others, maybe one is enough. I haven't seen one on you, mayserwegener, though. If you have the nerve to wear them, as I think you do, maybe several are worthwhile.

I wear Homburgs a good bit. I actually have too many. :) What size do you wear?

danofarlington

mayserwegener said:
I wear Homburgs a good bit. I actually have too many. :) What size do you wear?
Ha! I couldn't pull off a homburg unfortunately. I'm a 57 (also my age). But I do covet some of the other European hats you've posted, which I don't see much on E Bay. You had a Mayser that looked like a light brown Open Road some months ago. Were that in my size, I would make you an offer. However, you shouldn't really part with that one.

Yes that is a nice one. The older Mayser Fedoras are hard to come by. I rarely run into them in my size (59cm). I will try to alert you if I run across a similar one in size 57cm.

Thanks...

Lefty said:

Thanks a lot! I didn't know ebay had this category

"Clothing, Shoes & Accessories > Vintage > Men's Vintage Clothing > 1930-46 (Depression, WWII) > Other"

now I have to spend even more time on there looking for hats! :rage: :rage: :rage:

lol

WolfeMan

One of the Regulars
Original post edited due to advice from a helpful member.
Recently picked up a greek fishermans cap on ebay, 17 dollars and free shipping.
blkcanvghat.jpg

Wolfe

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Nice hat Rob...

But dammit! I lost out on a vintage Stetson 3X beaver felt with a satin finish... a size 7 no less! The fedora was a nice off white, but with cameras and the quality of photo who knows what color it really was.

I had the top bid for the last five seconds then my legs were cut out from under me at 3 seconds. I deplore such last moment bidding, I mean all is fair but using the internet's limitations? That seems a bit dastardly.

theinterchange

One Too Many
Mr Vim said:
I had the top bid for the last five seconds then my legs were cut out from under me at 3 seconds. I deplore such last moment bidding, I mean all is fair but using the internet's limitations? That seems a bit dastardly.

I despise those illegitimate sons... the ones who use those services that put in bids automatically. I think it should be either you've got your hind-end in front of the computer and duke it out like a real man or you miss out.

Countless times I've pounded my fist on the desk as I've been sniped.

Randy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn